PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots Should Not Trade Jimmy Garoppolo This Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill will trade Jimmy because when Tom retires Bill will go out with him. I think because of that they are going to capitalize on the winning while they can and while they can feel confident of attaining a number 1 or 2 seed over the next 2-3 years. Is there any chance that Tom takes a restructured contract to allow Jimmy to be franchised going into 2018 in exchange for a deferred ownership stake from Kraft? Can that be done?Maybe they pre-agree if Tom wins his sixth he will retire and they give Jimmy a long term deal after 2017 which they discuss this year. If we don't win in 17 we re evaluate Tom's season and decide what to do then. I know I am crazy but just thinking out loud. I have a hard time believing Tom wouldn't be willing to play on the cheap to keep the chance of the dynasty continuing! Damn I want to keep both of these guys until the decision is obvious. I think the 4 guys need to really talk and think this thru.

interesting theory. thats good reasoning...you may be right

Garoppolo has already shown that his bread and butter is in the short to intermediate game, so I'm not sure why you're stating that anything would change, or suggesting that Garoppolo is more of a downfield thrower than Tom is?

One analyst recently stated that the team trading for him will appreciate his "death by paper cut" similarity to running the offense just like Brady. If anything, Brady is the one slinging the ball downfield. We just watched one of his most accurate seasons in his entire career as it pertains to deeper throwing.

As good as TB was on the long passes this year, I think JG has looked more accurate with deep throws in his few attempts as a Patriot.

I've finally come around to the idea that the Pats should go for the JG trade. I'd really hate to see him go because I think he has a good chance of being a top QB in the future, but there are just too many things working in favor of the trade.

How gloriously ironic is it that the suspension of TB12 would give him a rest for the great run at the end and showcase JG as a legitimate option for teams, in a year when even decent QBs are hard to come by. Between Brady, Belichick and Kraft everything they touch turns to gold. I'm sure glad they all ended up here in Patsville. :D

As good as TB was on the long passes this year, I think JG has looked more accurate with deep throws in his few attempts as a Patriot.

I've finally come around to the idea that the Pats should go for the JG trade. I'd really hate to see him go because I think he has a good chance of being a top QB in the future, but there are just too many things working in favor of the trade.

How gloriously ironic is it that the suspension of TB12 would give him a rest for the great run at the end and showcase JG as a legitimate option for teams, in a year when even decent QBs are hard to come by. Between Brady, Belichick and Kraft everything they touch turns to gold. I'm sure glad they all ended up here in Patsville. :D
All good thoughts. My response was due to the suggestion that we'd need different types of receivers in a different type of system with Garoppolo, who was seen by the poster as having much more of a downfield type of tendency than Brady.

I respectfully disagree, that's all. I didn't really see much of anything that would suggest the need for different types of receivers, etc. What I saw was our same system and our QBs relying on short to intermediate timing routes, with the ability to take advantage of downfield throws when they are open. Same as always.

You really dont know what youre talking about so im not really interested in continuing this. Go study with Miguel for a while-get an understanding of Bradys up coming contract status over the next several years,the pats cap, the implications of tagging JG, the upcoming 2017 draft, the teams that need qbs and th available fa qbs. then add in what we know about how BB operates. study hard, come back and thenpost something that makes sense.

From miguels twitter:

i know nothing hmmmm:rolleyes:

Wow. Just wow. You really are a freakin idiot. Havent you been ***** -slapped enough already? I guess not. I guess I'll have to do the honors.
So youre bragging about the fact that yet another person totally disagrees with the dreck youve been polluting this board with.

guess im not a freakin idiot after all. guess my dreck may actually be reality...hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents