PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Globe's NFL Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Shears

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Those crazy kids at the Globe really got me this morning; pretty hilarious prank on their part. A twelve page NFL preview, and the first seven are dedicated solely to field goal kicking. Ha ha, they got me. I fell for it. Seriously, though, when do you think they'll put out the real one?

Commander Shears said:
Those crazy kids at the Globe really got me this morning; pretty hilarious prank on their part. A twelve page NFL preview, and the first seven are dedicated solely to field goal kicking. Ha ha, they got me. I fell for it. Seriously, though, when do you think they'll put out the real one?

Strangest sports section ever. I kept flipping, and flipping.... "Where," thought I, "where, oh where is the punting coverage?"

Can somebody tell me why the Boston Globe

has a major feature story today on the Indianapolis Colts' kicker?

We probably represent football fans in New England who would be most interested if the Globe actually covered Patriots news.

I don't think I'm being too presumptious in suggesting that we don't give a rat's ass about the Indianapolis Colts' kicker. Why don't they send some of these baseball, basketball, and boxing reporters down the Foxboro to write about the 3-time SuperBowl champion New England Patriots instead of some choke team in the Midwest.

Heck, I'd even be OK with a Buffalo Bills article. At least we are playing them this week.

Re: Can somebody tell me why the Boston Globe

hwc said:
has a major feature story today on the Indianapolis Colts' kicker?

We probably represent football fans in New England who would be most interested if the Globe actually covered Patriots news.

I don't think I'm being too presumptious in suggesting that we don't give a rat's ass about the Indianapolis Colts' kicker. Why don't they send some of these baseball, basketball, and boxing reporters down the Foxboro to write about the 3-time SuperBowl champion New England Patriots instead of some choke team in the Midwest.

Heck, I'd even be OK with a Buffalo Bills article. At least we are playing them this week.

Ms. MacMullen wrote a piece on the beloved Pats hero some 3-4 weeks ago and perhaps this is a follow-up/leftovers piece.

I'm quite sure that the Boston Globe does not have an agenda to keep AV fresh in everyone's mind.

I didn't read it.

The media is trying so hard to make it seem like the greatest free agent loss of all time, it's pathetic. Was he important to our Superbowls? yes. Did he win them by himself? No, but the media seemingly wants it painted that way.

Just thank your lucky stars the Globe didn't make half of their Patriots preview all about the Red Sox!

Wasn't it a Borges piece? Yeah I didn't read it either

I too was baffled by page after page of kicking articles until I figured out that Borges' editor thinks he's the greatest NFL writer walking the face of the planet and what better way for Ron Bogus's editor to zap all those nasty fans who complain about Bogus than to fill the Patriots/NFL preview with a bunch of pages about kicking to remind the fans how wrong the Patriots have been this offseason and how right Bogus has been. :eek:

hwc said:
Can somebody tell me why the Boston Globe has a major feature story today on the Indianapolis Colts' kicker?

I see a lengthy four screen article about the current Patriots kicker http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/07/hes_got_a_leg_to_stand_on?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News