Talking Football With Damon Amendolara Of 98.5 The Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Talking Football With Damon Amendolara Of 98.5 The Sports Hub
By: Russ Goldman

I had the pleasure of asking Damon Amendolara several questions regarding his history of covering the NFL. He is the host of "The D.A. Show" on 98.5 The Sports Hub from 6-11 PM EST weeknights in Boston. ...

The comments about his views of Pats fans being overly homerish kind of explains how DA shifted from knowledgeable football host when he first started to now just being another contrarion on the airwaves.

Yeah, I'll click on the link and check it out. But the other day when the Crable release was announced, I got in the car to head home and Amendolara was doing his jack-hammer-to-the-brain-style lecture about the Pats' drafting. Just kept going and going like he does. I clicked over to 'ZLX after about two minutes of that. The guy just rants and rants and always so serious.

Yeah, I'll click on the link and check it out. But the other day when the Crable release was announced, I got in the car to head home and Amendolara was doing his jack-hammer-to-the-brain-style lecture about the Pats' drafting. Just kept going and going like he does. I clicked over to 'ZLX after about two minutes of that. The guy just rants and rants and always so serious.

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Made virtually no mention of the draft picks that were used to acquire Moss and Welker. Somebody called him up to compare to other teams and his only response was 'well, I don't have those other teams in front me but the Pats had to be worse'.

Someone also called him to ask why the Pats-Colts play three games here and then three in Indy and he had no clue about how the schedule rotation works; he said something about it being a deep dark secret that the NFL keeps to themselves and doesn't make public.

When he first started here I thought he was very good; maybe I was simply comparing him to Mikey Adams.

When he first started here I thought he was very good; maybe I was simply comparing him to Mikey Adams.

Over the past few months, I've been disappointed with DA. When he first started he was bing into numbers and had solid opinions. He's gotten lazy IMO.

With that said, hes still better then Mikey Adams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft