PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Spikes update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: T.Spikes update

If its really a 3rd rounder Id give up our 3rd but not Oaklands for him...

that would be Ideal as Oaklands 3 is practically a 2 and our 2 is practically a 3. (ahh what)

DW likes to dream...
I will attempt to find the link from some months ago but true statement from media. Who knows what Jerry says but he is not a starter there.
DW Toys
Got it!

The Dallas Morning News

Trade rumors swirling about Carpenter, Spears
12:59 PM Tue, Jan 22, 2008
Tim MacMahon

Rumor has it that the Cowboys are shopping former first-round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl.

Carpenter simply isn't a fit in a 3-4 defense, which makes Bill Parcells' decision to pick him pretty puzzling. Carpenter couldn't get on the field in any of the Cowboys' defensive packages this season but was a solid special teams player. He wasn't considered a reach when the Cowboys drafted him 19th overall two years ago, so some 4-3 teams might be interested.

Spears isn't a bad player, but he hasn't lived up to his first-round billing. To use a Tuna term, he's J.A.G. If the Cowboys get rid of Spears, Jay Ratliff could take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson forming a good NT tandem.

Time to give Jerry some advice: What would you want for Spears or Carpenter? I'm not sure the return for either would be more than a second-day pick, so try to be realistic.

I think that he would fit better in our system in N.E. I would spend a three for him. Whats with Spears? Anybody know?

Last edited:
I will attempt to find the link from some months ago but true statement from media. Who knows what Jerry says but he is not a starter there.
DW Toys
Got it!

I think that he would fit better in our system in N.E. I would spend a three for him. Whats with Spears? Anybody know?

KFFL:

Cowboys | Team shopping Carpenter?
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:07:38 -0800

Tim MacMahon, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys are rumored to be shopping LB Bobby Carpenter to other teams at the Senior Bowl.

Some Carpenter comments below:

Cowboys Beat:

March 5th

The Cardinals will be hard-pressed to keep Fitzgerald on the roster without a new contract to lessen his salary cap hit, and thus far, contract talks have stalled. With the Cowboys having two first round picks, this gives them a little flexibility.

Remember, Fitzgerald is only twenty-four. He’s got a lot of years left. And the Cowboys might not have to use two number ones to get him. They could package up another pick, or perhaps a player like Bobby Carpenter who may have become expendable with the signing of Zack Thomas.

Smoakhouse Forum:

Jan. 13th

Bobby Carpenter needs to be an ILB, stop moving him around year to year, and prepare him to take over Ayodele's inside position. He has the ability but needs a set position. Ayodele did not have his best year. I don't recall hearing his name called in the play off game but maybe once or twice.

Cowboys blog net:

March 27th

Yes, we have Zach Thomas, but like I said before, he’s one bad tackle or one bad concussion from an in-season retirement. Plan as though he is not here. Kevin Burnett will not be re-signed, he’s injury prone, we all know this. Greg Ellis has maybe 2-3yrs left in the tank, and he too has some durability issues creeping up on him now. And do we know what to do with Carpenter yet? I would like to see him at MLB instead of Ayodele, but who even knows.

Interesting.
DW Toys

Prior to that draft Carpenter told me he really liked the idea of playing for Parcells or Belichick. He seemed like a level headed kid, and seemed genuine. After talking to him I told my brother (the Cowboys fan) about the conversation, and told him I thought the Cowboys would select Carpenter. My brother then became a big fan of Carpenter's (even created the Cowboys version of Carpenter on Madden, prior to the draft). To bad it hasn't turned out to be the marriage some of us thought it could be, and I'm sure their switching to Wade's system didn't help Carpenter's chances, either.

Last edited:
I wonder if BB has changed his mind about him..OR maybe waiting to see if he would be released...I thought he would have been a good match as well..Just another option on the table..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST