Straight shooter Romeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I love these remarks from Romeo. Seems like a fair evaluation and I find
it nice to hear some sound player evaluation by a head coach.

----------------------------------------------------------
Browns | Crennel discusses Oshinowo
Sun, 7 May 2006 11:18:20 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel discussed his first impression of DL Babatunde Oshinowo from minicamp. Crennel said, "Conditioning is a little problem. He shows some stoutness at the line. As his conditioning improves, I think he'll be more impressive."

Browns | Crennel discusses T. Wilson
Sun, 7 May 2006 11:17:33 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel discussed his first impression of WR Travis Wilson from minicamp. Crennel said, "He's a little rough in his rout-running, but he's a big body, and he's a willing guy."

Browns | Crennel discusses D. Jackson
Sun, 7 May 2006 11:17:12 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel discussed his first impression of LB D'Qwell Jackson from minicamp. Crennel said, "He has those instincts. He's picking things up pretty good."

Browns | Crennel discusses J. Harrison
Sun, 7 May 2006 11:16:49 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel discussed his first impression of RB Jerome Harrison from minicamp. Crennel said, "He has the quickness we thought he would. We have to see how he blocks a guy like Wimbley flying around the edge. It takes a little to be able to step in front of the freight train and slow him down so the quarterback can get rid of the ball. Size can become an issue, because they can 'rag-doll' you."

Browns | Crennel has some praise for Sowells
Sun, 7 May 2006 10:55:33 -0700

Jeff Walcoff, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel has some praise for OG Isaac Sowells. Crennel said, "He's a big, thick body in there and he looks the part. So we have to work on his footwork...but probably with time, he'll be able to get it done."

OTOH, Crennel kept saying that Dilfer and Frye were neck and neck for the starting QB job then then dump Dilfer for Ken Dorsey. Not sure how much straight shooting was going on there.

Why do we hear so little about Kellen Winslow, Jr.? Isn't that guy playing this year? He was never mentioned in draft previews (re: Browns needs or non-needs).

shakadave said:
Why do we hear so little about Kellen Winslow, Jr.? Isn't that guy playing this year? He was never mentioned in draft previews (re: Browns needs or non-needs).
Yeah, he's supposed to be back. Whether he'll have lost speed, quickness, agility, etc, that's another question.

he made a comment about Dorsey's arm strength the other day...or lack thereof...basically said they needed to help him improve it...can't imagine BB ever saying anything like that.

Isn't this just a bit off topic?

I agree I don't see BB making those same types of comments. But most of it is still coach speak.

Crennel hasn't said flat out yet that a player has sucked and will probably be cut after minicamp :p

VJCPatriot said:
Isn't this just a bit off topic?
Some people, not me, seem to consider Crennel still as "one of our guys". I feel that way about Charlie as Notre Dame isn't in competition with the Patriots. Crennel, though, is one of 31 "other NFL Head Coaches" to me.

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, he's supposed to be back. Whether he'll have lost speed, quickness, agility, etc, that's another question.

Any speed he might have lost, he should be able to make up on the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back