PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Selling tickets on stubhub question

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, after a long 10 year wait I'm finally getting my season tickets next year!

I've decided to get 4, which for a 27 year old living in the city, not making a boat load of money is obviously a hefty financial burden. I have a bunch of people saying they will buy tickets, some saying they will buy a full season, but as I'm sure many of you that have tickets have experienced, people bail at the last minute and you're stuck.

I also get tickets to this year's home playoff game(s....KNOCK ON WOOD) since I gave my deposit early.

So, my question is in regards to selling on stubhub. I know some teams say it's completely legal. First, is it legal for the Pats. Second, if it's not, is it still doable?

So, after a long 10 year wait I'm finally getting my season tickets next year!

I've decided to get 4, which for a 27 year old living in the city, not making a boat load of money is obviously a hefty financial burden. I have a bunch of people saying they will buy tickets, some saying they will buy a full season, but as I'm sure many of you that have tickets have experienced, people bail at the last minute and you're stuck.

I also get tickets to this year's home playoff game(s....KNOCK ON WOOD) since I gave my deposit early.

So, my question is in regards to selling on stubhub. I know some teams say it's completely legal. First, is it legal for the Pats. Second, if it's not, is it still doable?

-- Its not "legal"

-- Your best bet is to sell extra tickets thru Patriots Ticket Exchange. Any ticket you sell, give-away, etc thru anything but PTE and you are responsible for the ticket holders behavior. E.g. the person you sold/gave the ticket to gets drunk and in a fight -> you are no longer a STH.

-- Its not "legal"

-- Your best bet is to sell extra tickets thru Patriots Ticket Exchange. Any ticket you sell, give-away, etc thru anything but PTE and you are responsible for the ticket holders behavior. E.g. the person you sold/gave the ticket to gets drunk and in a fight -> you are no longer a STH.

Is it one strike and you're out?

Obviously being a wait list member I've been on the ticketexchange plenty
For games like the colts this year ppl would have a tough time selling at face value...so what's the harm in selling at half price to get some money back?
And, because of "losses" like that selling a playoff game here or there at a higher price?

Is it one strike and you're out?

For a friend of mine it was. Keep in mind he really had two strikes. The ticket holder got into a fight AND he had sold his ticket thru an unauthorized reseller in violation of the ticket exchange policy.

Selling at a higher price, not only violates the Patriots policy, but violates state law (unless you collect and pay sales tax on the difference in selling price)

Last edited:
For a friend of mine it was. Keep in mind he really had two strikes. The ticket holder got into a fight AND he had sold his ticket thru an unauthorized reseller in violation of the ticket exchange policy.

Selling at a higher price, not only violates the Patriots policy, but violates state law (unless you collect and pay sales tax on the difference in selling price)

It's big time BS considering almost every other professional team now allows it. Probably attributed to how "quick" I got my tickets, considering I went on after the SB 36 win. I don't think I got on when it was already 40,000 deep, but I defintely got on later than 10,000 deep.

Being able to resell through other means I'm sure would keep more people around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back