PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report Card: Patriots Win in a Dogfight

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Report Card: Patriots Win in a Dogfight
By: Derek Havens

The New England Patriots defeated the New York Jets on Thursday night 13-10. While the team did get the victory, this team still has a lot of work to do moving forward. Here is my report card for week two. ...

I have said, for as long as I can remember, that these division games are always a dogfight. Only occasionally is there a lopsided win by one side or the other. Even with player/coach.staff turnover, teams within a division have long institutional memory, and playing twice a year against each other means that there is rarely anything that isn't already on film.

So I'm not as worried as many of my friends are about this team just now. Considering the number of different players the offense had to use due to injuries, replacements, etc, the fact that New England was able to grind out a win, in bad weather, against a division opponent should give everyone pause.

What it means is that there is a solid foundation in place upon which to build. As injured players return, and as the rookies get more familiar with both the playbook, and TFB's tendencies, the offense will only get better.

I very much see this as a "glass-is-half-full" situation, vice a "half-empty" one.

YMMV, but that's how I see things this morning.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back