PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reminder: Dice-K on the mound today

patsfanofNC12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Dice-K faces off against the Blue Jays tonight at 7:07. Go get em Dice-K!!!!!

Let's see if we can put a run or two on the board for him this time!

Last edited:
Let's see if we can put a run or two on the board for him this time!

Well, they put up 1 alright. Wasn't enough though. Dang that guy has some nasty stuff though. His pitches move so sharply, and with late action it's scary. The only negatives I see in him, if you call it negatives anyway, is that he was advertised as 96 mph, whereas he's mostly 92-94 mph, and out of the stretch, he's thrown some really flat offspeed stuff. With that, he's still been virtually unhittable. I'm really curious to see how he does the second time around the league though. Will scouts pick anything up him? Beckett was lights out early last year, and then scouts told their guys to lay off his curve, and he got racked thereafter. I don't see that with Dice-K because of the control he seems to have. Even when he throws a ball, he only misses by an inch or two. The guy has a terrific arm.

I think the second time through the league will be more advantageous to him, rather than the hitters. I look for him to pick up hitter tendencies, not the other way around. He'll throw any pitch at any time, which is a great asset.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back