PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss 8/5 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/08/observations_fr_10.html

Observations from 18th practice
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
August 5, 2008 05:15 PM

FOXBOROUGH – Five observations from the Patriots’ 18th training camp practice, which was held in full pads today on the upper practice fields (2:30 p.m.) behind Gillette Stadium:

1) This is the time for the backup quarterbacks. With Patriots coach Bill Belichick noting this morning that the Patriots were in transition – from a training-camp focus to a game-specific focus – it was notable that top signal-caller Tom Brady wasn’t on the field today. That left all the repetitions to Matt Cassel, followed by Matt Gutierrez, then rookie Kevin O’Connell. Based on this, it wouldn’t be surprising if Brady does not play Thursday night. None of the backups have seemed to distinguish themselves at this point. In half-speed 11-on-11 work in the red zone, Gutierrez tried to fire a pass into tight end Marcus Pollard along the right side, but he was intercepted by safety Antwain Spann, who showed nice hands on the play.

The new/rookie DB's seem to be coming up a lot bigger than the backup quarterbacks... I know you can attribute it to a lot more factors, but I'm hearing it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back