PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reaction by Patriots fans to Coach Dungy tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Collins

Banned
Reaction score
Folks-

As a Colt fan for over 35 years, no one appreciates the banter that goes on more than I do. Even alot of the below the belt stuff does every once in a while contain humor.

Thanks for the full fledged show of support.

You folks are a classy bunch.

Last edited:
Tony Collins said:
Folks-

As a Colt fan for over 35 years, no one appreciates the banter that goes on more than I do. Even alot of the below the belt stuff does every once in a while contain humor.

It's awful what has happened. For the most part on this board we're all pretty human as far as having compassion goes. We aren't like certain fans of other teams that have been linked to lately, wishing a second stroke on Bruschi, or a career ending injury on Brady.

Good luck to the family Dungy and to your Colts in rebounding from this tragedy (not that it directly affects the team, but I'm sure it does indirectly to the maximum).

Tony Collins said:
Folks-

Well, Coach Dungy is about as class as they get, as far as I'm concerned. Always has been.

I will be thinking of his family and praying that they can have comfort during this terrible time.

Tony,

Your Welcome, this is the least we could do for an important member of our football family. Thanks for posting here.

Tony,

We all may be football fans, and sometimes being a fan can bring out the "worst" in a person at times, but we are all people, and I think most of us have loving and supportive families, so we can easily sense the shock and pain. So to lose a son, at age 18, is unthinkable....and heart breaking. Tony is a superb person, a wonderful human being, and our hearts go out to him, his family, and all Colt fans.

Bella*chick said:
Well, Coach Dungy is about as class as they get, as far as I'm concerned. Always has been..

Agreed....and as fans we might argue and stand behind our teams...but at times like this we all feel the loss...esp at this time of year. Even the across the pond Pat's message boards are expressing the same sadness to a great guy,father and coach.

tony_james_275.jpg

Tony Dungy, left, included his son James in team activities, including this photo op with President Clinton in 2000.

As a father, I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child...

18 years old...a whole lifetime of experiences lost...

My prayers go out to Coach Dungy and his kin...

ADPF

Tony Collins said:
Folks-

We're all fans, Tony - I may not like the Colts organization, but I'm certainly not going to celebrate the death of a rival's loved one. Not my style.

With that said, my prayers go out to the Dungy family.

I cannot imagine anyone not reacting with care and concern for Tony Dungy. The loss of his son transcends football.

Tony Dungy carried himself with quiet dignity in Tampa even when he was trated poorly and he maintained that dignity in Indianapolis. He is a man you can not help but admire and respect.

Na_polian said:
We're all fans, Tony - I may not like the Colts organization, but I'm certainly not going to celebrate the death of a rival's loved one. Not my style.

With that said, my prayers go out to the Dungy family.

I agree, actually the players and coaches are OK (Dungy has always been a classy guy, I really liked him in TB and respect him in Indy) - it's that damn Bill Polian that is a first class jerk all the way. Irsay is no bargain either, it was his family that loaded up those trucks and deserted Baltimore in the middle of the night.

Bella*chick said:
Well, Coach Dungy is about as class as they get, as far as I'm concerned. Always has been.

I will be thinking of his family and praying that they can have comfort during this terrible time.

we all are

It has nothing to do with the Colts. It's about the Dungy family.

Our hearts go out to Coach Dungy, his family, and the Colts organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back