PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preview Thread NE @ NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Herald article about Harris. While he is obviously a production disappointment (for apparently being unable to cover RBs and no ST play?) I didn't know BB had recently praised him (a significant cost, previously full time starter vet who is getting almost no playing time that BB praises? Huh). But one would think this is a game against his former team that would be a chance for Harris to play with abandon to make a statement about playing time.

Hell since I'm basking in the realm of wishful thinking, maybe this is Branch's breakout redemption game too! :)

BB isn't the type of coach to talk badly about any player. All the praise he gave Harris is similar to praises he has given every other player. The player , " works hard, does everything we have asked, and is trying to get better". Then a week later he gets released or traded.

He does a great job. Sometimes he takes too much time to make a point or gets a bit lost in the woods (of course not everyone can be Lombardi) . this one is shorter, points well made and rounded and tackles #1 topic no one else does here - OL.

All people that wonder or complain about Pats OL this yr should have a listen. He's a bit gentle on Solder (bc something is wrong there) but great point on G-T joint tasks and execution/mishaps..

To me Lombardi is more interesting on a more macro level of insight. While Chatham is almost on the other side of the spectrum giving crazy micro level behind the scenes. Go and listen to the Texans review podcast to get more on ST, how punt/kick return teams are schemed, punting and kicking and of course a detailed breakdown of the game.

Those 20min about ST and especially punting should be required hearing for any of the clueless clowns posting their useless summary stats to whine about Ryan Allen.

It is Chatham, Curran/Mayo and Lombardi for me. For some reason Giardi and Koppen have lost their focus somewhat and end up just scratching the surface on many things. I wonder if they just dont get enough time to dive deep because of how early the Ex-Pats podcast has to be on the way each week.

Not sure that I'll be able to listen to all of these every week, but while I'm subscribing to different podcasts, can you refresh my memory on what Lombardi's is called again? Thanks a lot.

Maybe the easiest thing is to check his twitter where he publishes links to all his stuff - here:
Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) | Twitter

GM street goes on 3-4 times a week now IIRC. Saturday is preview, quick review follows Sunday's game day and then one or two topic oriented in between..

Oh, yeah, of course. "The Ringer." Thanks, Tony.

Lombardis stuff is GM Street. He sometimes also shows up for a bit on the other Ringer NFL podcast with Mays and Kelly.

EDIT: nvm others have pointed all of this already out.

To me Lombardi is more interesting on a more macro level of insight. While Chatham is almost on the other side of the spectrum giving crazy micro level behind the scenes. Go and listen to the Texans review podcast to get more on ST, how punt/kick return teams are schemed, punting and kicking and of course a detailed breakdown of the game.

Those 20min about ST and especially punting should be required hearing for any of the clueless clowns posting their useless summary stats to whine about Ryan Allen.

It is Chatham, Curran/Mayo and Lombardi for me. For some reason Giardi and Koppen have lost their focus somewhat and end up just scratching the surface on many things. I wonder if they just dont get enough time to dive deep because of how early the Ex-Pats podcast has to be on the way each week.
only just started Curran/Mayo and Chatham, been listening to Giardi/Koppen since last year and i agree though, but still its just 15mins/week so ill continue

is lombardi/the ringer league wide or Pats specific? i

only just started Curran/Mayo and Chatham, been listening to Giardi/Koppen since last year and i agree though, but still its just 15mins/week so ill continue

Lombardi's GM Street is league wide, but it is very insightful and entertaining IMO.

Will definitely stick with Giardi/Koppen because as you say it is only so little time. Also it is still better than whatever the hell Howe has to say in his bi-weekly storytelling podcast.

Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

definitely no great commentary to hear on TV

My prediction.

1. More man to man especially with Gilmore being a seemingly late scratch. Safety(s) over the top.
2. More running. Jete Run Defense is weak.
3. 2 and 3 TE sets for extra QB protection and additional run blocking with a threat to pass.
4. Expect to see some occasional deep passes to stress the Jete secondary.
5. Allen will get his first reception. :D

Good teams win almost all the "games they should win". Even if ugly, a win here would be positive.

I want to see the RBs featured heavily. This includes Lewis, a player I think can be a game changer if he approaches early 2015 levels.

My prediction.

1. More man to man especially with Gilmore being a seemingly late scratch. Safety(s) over the top.
3. 2 and 3 TE sets for extra QB protection and additional run blocking with a threat to pass.

Last week, the J*E*T*E run game was awful. Forte is a good back (still) especially for the kind of Offense they are running, but it sounds as though they are forcing him back in while he's not yet 100%. If so, that's a huge advantage to the Pats.

The Ringer is league wide.

Re Allen getting his first reception. If he does somebody's getting run over. Allen has been waiting all year to get his reception and I feel sorry for the little DB who tries to stop him. :D

Allen also comes across as a nice guy who says stuff like shucks and darn. But today he might let loose, "You better get out of my way.....Pal" :D

My prediction.

Either Dorsett or White (or both) get their first TD of the season.

The Pats defense gets its first TD of the season, possibly from a player "least likely to...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe