PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plummer fears "THE RAZOR" 9/24/06!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
I'm probably not alone here, but the Denver game is without a doubt my most anticipated game of 2006! I'll be there, oh I can't wait, Denver has had the last 15 games (feels like) in their backyard, now they're coming to our house and our fans - WE WILL MAKE THEM FEAR THE RAZOR!!!!

Keep the vocal cords loose that day boys and gals, stretch a little before game time b/c I want to see an army of rabid Pats fans stomp and yell the Broncos all the way back to Denver! Who's with me!!!!

BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richpats said:
I'm probably not alone here, but the Denver game is without a doubt my most anticipated game of 2006! I'll be there, oh I can't wait, Denver has had the last 15 games (feels like) in their backyard, now they're coming to our house and our fans - WE WILL MAKE THEM FEAR THE RAZOR!!!!

Keep the vocal cords loose that day boys and gals, stretch a little before game time b/c I want to see an army of rabid Pats fans stomp and yell the Broncos all the way back to Denver! Who's with me!!!!

BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll do my part rich. Don't expect 100% participation from the rest of the joint though. Many are too busy talking business. Maybe some of the boys can complain about the lack of crowd involvement. That seems to be the only thing that works.

I'm with you Bluto, uh I mean Rich...

I will be screaming in spirit from Ann Arbor. Let's give them a huge dose of payback!

Or just play the same dominating game and hold on to the ball. That works too!!!

Being from California, I can only watch Pats games on T.V. Never actually been able to attend a game, nor am I sure that I want to. No offense to anyone on this board, but the fans at the Pats games dont give a ****! They are always quiet and never supporting this team. I hate to say it but it's the truth. I am sure everyone who attends games from this board gets rowdy. U guys are die hard. But the majority dont get rowdy at all. It's nothing like watching some of the crazy games at foxboro stadium. Our fans don't hold the jock strap of half the teams fans in the league.

holyredeemer said:
Being from California, I can only watch Pats games on T.V. Never actually been able to attend a game, nor am I sure that I want to. No offense to anyone on this board, but the fans at the Pats games dont give a ****! They are always quiet and never supporting this team. I hate to say it but it's the truth. I am sure everyone who attends games from this board gets rowdy. U guys are die hard. But the majority dont get rowdy at all. It's nothing like watching some of the crazy games at foxboro stadium. Our fans don't hold the jock strap of half the teams fans in the league.

Hell yeah, I'm John McClane out there! It's kind of discouraging to hear the players complain about lack of crowd noise, but it's only natural that fans will get complacent with winning, I think what the home fans need is a good ol' fashioned grudge match to lift our enthusiasm and now we have it! A night-game too! Gimmie an 8-hour tailgate!

Unfortunately, being a rabid fan does'nt get you to and into the game. Money does, and i ain't got none. Maybe this year will be different. Last time i was in Foxboro, Willie broke Harbaugh's nose.That's a long time.

Pay Back...

needs to be a major BIT*H that day. Everytime I think about how we gave them that game with 5 turnovers then they go and choke against the Sheelers at home I get angry.:rocker:

rabthepat said:
needs to be a major BIT*H that day. Everytime I think about how we gave them that game with 5 turnovers then they go and choke against the Sheelers at home I get angry.:rocker:

Fortunately for us, we have them early where injuries and fatigue should be at a minimum and we have 2 lightweights to start (Bills, Jets). We can be very "vanilla" those 2 games and win, so the Broncos won't know what hit them. Plus that playoff game will still be fresh in our heads.

Really, the Broncos won't be as good as last year in Week 3 - there will be growing pains with the loss of Kubiak, Anderson and Pryce. Bring it Denver.

rabthepat said:

Why be bitter against the Broncos? The Pats were brutal in that game. Denver was just happy to stay out of our way as we self destructed. They did exactly what they should have - they took advantage.

I'm still sick from watching the Super Bowl and realizing the opportunity we choked away. If it hadn't been for all the recent success that loss would have seemed much much more devastating. I think it's up there with the 2 sb losses and the phantom roughing the passer game as one of the worst moments in Patriot history.

Burgess said:
Why be bitter against the Broncos? The Pats were brutal in that game. Denver was just happy to stay out of our way as we self destructed. They did exactly what they should have - they took advantage.

I'm still sick from watching the Super Bowl and realizing the opportunity we choked away. If it hadn't been for all the recent success that loss would have seemed much much more devastating. I think it's up there with the 2 sb losses and the phantom roughing the passer game as one of the worst moments in Patriot history.

If it had been against a team like Jacksonville I wouldn't have lost as much sleep over the game. But of all teams that we had to screw up against it had to be the Broncos, with Jake "Hippie" Plummer at QB, who had to gain 24 yards to get 24 points. I just hated having that game added to the painful Bronco-Patriot history. If we have something to be bitter about it is our history w/ Denver, and one glorious butt-kicking can ease a lot of painful memories.

Not meaning to yell 'conspiracy' here, but the NFL wasn't going to let us win the SB last year. It would have just ruined their efforts at parity. We probably would have received the screw job that Seattle received in the SB if we had made it. It was painfully obvious the refs were looking the other way in Denver. We could of overcome some bad calls and our early mistakes, but I think the players knew the refs had it in for them and were edgy the rest of the night.

You don't like hippies?

richpats said:
I just hated having that game added to the painful Bronco-Patriot history. If we have something to be bitter about it is our history w/ Denver, and one glorious butt-kicking can ease a lot of painful memories.

I hear what you're saying but consider that we've crushed all our other nemesis lately it's nice to have a villain we can shoot for.

And second, I thought it was pathetic when the Colts or Steelers beat us in the regular season recently thinking it was 'revenge' for us whipping them in the playoffs. It's only true revenge if we knock Denver out of the playoffs. Beating them at home in the regular season? That's good for getting home field advantage but little else to me.

CrazyDave said:
You don't like hippies?

I don't like losing to QB's who happen to be hippies. And then there's Peyton Manning...

Burgess said:
I hear what you're saying but consider that we've crushed all our other nemesis lately it's nice to have a villain we can shoot for.

And second, I thought it was pathetic when the Colts or Steelers beat us in the regular season recently thinking it was 'revenge' for us whipping them in the playoffs. It's only true revenge if we knock Denver out of the playoffs. Beating them at home in the regular season? That's good for getting home field advantage but little else to me.

True revenge for last year would be beating them at home in the regular season AND in the playoffs. It's great b/c we have the "revenge" motive in both game :)

Finally, the Donkeys have to come here after seemingly years of the Pats traveling out to Mile High.

Also, the Dolts come to town, yet again. This time, Hopefully the Pats will be at full strength for them and teach them another lesson.

Overall, this years schedule is a walk in the park compared to last years. I can see a 12-4 coming assuming as always they don't lose key players which they unfortunately did last season. What goes around comes around and it is time for some of the other teams to see what having depth or no depth really means.

Last edited:
Fumblerooski said:
Finally, the Donkeys have to come here after seemingly years of the Pats traveling out to Mile High.

Also, the Dolts come to town, yet again. This time, Hopefully the Pats will be at full strength for them and teach them another lesson.

Overall, this years schedule is a walk in the park compared to last years. I can see a 12-4 coming assuming as always they don't lose key players which they unfortunately did last season. What goes around comes around and it is time for some of the other teams to see what having depth or no depth really means.

You're going to see a lot of marquee teams lose some of their big players, especially in the NFC East, AFC South, AFC North and NFC South - look at any one of their schedules - just plain brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes