PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Jarvis Green inadvertently blows whistle on Patriot games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried there was something said that would get us into trouble. Then I read it was PFT and was relieved.

Sensationalism, or flat out fiction, that's what i assume when I see PFT.

Do you think there are many guys out there who's knees, shoulders, backs etc. don't hurt?

I stopped reading PFT after it became apparent that Mike Florio is the future Keith Olberman. PFT = National Enquirer... (My apologies to the Enquirer).

It's a probability of playing list. If it is 100 percent that you will play then you need not be on the list.

Anybody that doesn't get this (ESPN Florio etc etc) can take a long walk off a short pier.
Its not even that. Its a list of whether or not guys missed PRACTICE.

Brady is always on the list to tweek other teams and the hierarchy, but also so in the event that there is some week of doubt that he will play it is a good cover up.
Absolutely untrue.

Brady is on the list every week because the NFL requires him to be, because the Patriots hold him out of some drills that the other QBs do to lessen strain on his shoulder. Because of that, it is required that he is listed as "Limited Participation"

I'm amazed that people who make a living reporting the NFL still don't know this.

I am a little concerned that this is similar to the Favre-Jets situation. If I understood that one correctly, the Jets got in trouble because despite Favre not missing any practice they were supposed to list him as injured full participation due to his injury. I could see similarities here. The difference, however, is that I think Jarvis might have tweaked something this past week which created a new classification. Perhaps before it was just a soreness and this week the doctors decided to classify it as an injury. I assume there has to be a point where not ever little bump and bruise is classified as an injury.

lol, what green called an injury could have jut been an "ache" for the "four weeks"

and EVERY football player has aches.....unless u want injury reports filled by the whole team, only injuries tha tmight affect playing time matter

at the time that injury did not affect playing time

nothing to see here

Which is exactly why nothing will result from this. If Belichick gets fined or even reprimanded, you can be sure that there will be 53 names on the injury report the following week. Stuff like:

Hoyer - Body (Full Participation)
Hanson - Ear Lobe (Full Participation)
Brace - Belly (Full Participation)

After the Seymour issue with the injury report a few years back, I would be shocked if Belichick doesn't have a system that gets people on the list. Probably having to do with input from the trainers.

If I understood that one correctly, the Jets got in trouble because despite Favre not missing any practice they were supposed to list him as injured full participation due to his injury.

Again, completely incorrect. Favre was missing practice and they weren't reporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST