PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Carroll era all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Some on this board including myself have questioned the front office on the offseason moves. Clearly this team is steeped in mediocrity

1) Offense is inconsistent
2) Receivers are mediocre
3) O-line is mediocre
4) Offensive coordinator should be serving Lattes at Starbucks
5) Old linebackers
6) Below average defensive backs
7) poor coaching decisions (yes he is human)

All of these holes and weaknesses were apparent at the beginning of the year, but not real attempts to adress.

It has been a good run...but I think the Patriots are going to be a 10-6, 9-7 taem with early playoff exits for the next few years.
For those of you who can remember back to the days of Pete the poodle Carroll...the past few weeks harken back to those days.

I am NOT a bandwagon jumper either! I will still root for the team...but this team does not have "it"

What a coincidence. Showed up just in time for to dine with the "Dynasty is over, McGinest and Vinatieri and Givens are gone, it's the Dolphins' division" crowd.

What a schmuck.

I think you are going way overboard on most of your points, I don't know if you saw what went on around the league today but a lot of "upper echelon" teams were sloppy and went down to the wire. Yes, we have lost two in a row and two in a row at home but this season is far from over and you can not be comparing the BB era to the PC era, what a joke comment.

By the way, the Steelers did not have "it" till the final four games last year. They were 7-5 and in danger of not making the play offs according to more experts at the time. The league is too competitive these days and a 15-1/14-2 playoff team can be bounced in the 1st round. Just because you are able to dodge bullets during the season doesn't mean that trend will continue in the playoffs.

So settle down and let's see what unfolds.

All of THESE Super Bowl era teams have a 'stupid game' at some point in the season.

In 2003, it was in Week 1. A 31-0 loss to Buffalo.

In 2004, it was in Week 15. A 29-28 loss to Miami.

In 2005, it was in Week 17. A 28-26 loss to Miami, although we all know the circumstances of that game. All the other 2005 losses were against pretty good teams.

In 2006, it was in Week 10. A 17-14 loss to the New York Jets.

...what makes this year any different?

What is "IT"?

Not getting the miracles to go our way? Harrison catching that ball in the end zone? Cotchery in the same spot? Keeping Utech from being in the right spot for those dumb throws by Manning? Or how about June not being in the right spot for the tipped balls?

Which is it? I don't understand, what I do know is that it is only week 9 and we are in 1st place in the AFC east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft