PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign pizza maker from North Dakota

The Broncos had Gutierrez in camp all Summer and did not try to sign him to their practice squad. Either the Broncos have a huge pool of Oline prospects or they thought he was years, if ever, from developing into a 53 man roster guy. NFL teams rarely misevaluate after seeing a guy all Summer but it happens.

NE has some of the best pizza in the country. You do not realize just how good it is until youre away from the area.

Pick almost any towns "House of Pizza." Nashua, NH has a white pizza that was awesome.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned the other former NEP offensive tackle named “Sebastian” yet, seems like such a lay-up.

Good luck to the kid! It seems like they are doing an overall decent job (not outstanding, but decent) with the OL outside of whatever is going on with Wynn, so we’ll see. I am tentatively hopeful Cannon replaces Wynn for now. Maybe they’re thinking of having Cannon or Cajuste play RT, Gutierrez be the third guy at RT, and then move Wynn back to LT to back up Brown. He would be a ridiculously expensive backup but it’s a sunk cost at this point.

The Broncos had Gutierrez in camp all Summer and did not try to sign him to their practice squad. Either the Broncos have a huge pool of Oline prospects or they thought he was years, if ever, from developing into a 53 man roster guy. NFL teams rarely misevaluate after seeing a guy all Summer but it happens.
Their head coach hired another coach to help him manage games because he couldn’t get plays in on time. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the expertise of some NFL teams.

The stories Brian Flores tells about the Dolphins and Broncos, stories that emerged about the Gruden Raiders and Dan Snyder’s Washington team… some of these teams are run by dunderheads and frat bros.

Low round draft picks and undrafted free agents often bounce around during their development. The Pats could cut him and bring him back later. The league works this way. Lawrence Guy bounced around practice squads and team to team before he found a home… it doesn’t indicate a lack of talent.

Last edited:
Low round draft picks and undrafted free agents often bounce around during their development. The Pats could cut him and bring him back later. The league works this way. Lawrence Guy bounced around practice squads and team to team before he found a home… it doesn’t indicate a lack of talent.

Yes lots of guys bounce around. Agreed.

Bouncing around does indicate a lack of skill, but not a lack of athleticism or potential. Some guys realize their potential, like Lawrence Guy, but the vast majority of guys that bounce around never materialize. Just a fact. Pointing to one guy, Guy, does not change the overall stats. Gutierrez has the athleticism and potential to take a shot at him, but his odds are long.

Their head coach hired another coach to help him manage games because he couldn’t get plays in on time. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the expertise of some NFL teams.

The stories Brian Flores tells about the Dolphins and Broncos, stories that emerged about the Gruden Raiders and Dan Snyder’s Washington team… some of these teams are run by dunderheads and frat bros.

I especially wouldn’t put stock in the Broncos. Something is not right with that operation this year.

I especially wouldn’t put stock in the Broncos. Something is not right with that operation this year.

Speaking of undrafted OTs, the Pats, and the Donkeys: I thought that Calvin Anderson performed fairly well in place of Garrett Bolles on Thursday night...

Last edited:
Yes lots of guys bounce around. Agreed.

Bouncing around does indicate a lack of skill, but not a lack of athleticism or potential. Some guys realize their potential, like Lawrence Guy, but the vast majority of guys that bounce around never materialize. Just a fact. Pointing to one guy, Guy, does not change the overall stats. Gutierrez has the athleticism and potential to take a shot at him, but his odds are long.
The average NFL career lasts three years.

About 1/3 of the NFL is made up of UDFA’s.

Everyone is a longshot until proven otherwise, the most a team can do is bring in as many talented players as possible and be good at coaching.

Wasn’t Kurt Warner a grocery store clerk when he signed with the Rams? Maybe the Pats just signed a Hall of Famer.

We had a CB who worked at Popeye's and played at West Alabama.....he did pretty good from what I remember....

[The pizza guy] benched it 28 times leaving college which is plenty strong in the upper body.
Steuber, who we drafted in the seventh round but has entered the Matrix subway, only did 17. So we are on a likely upward trajectory to our OT backups.

I’m reminded of Captain Stone’s redraft posting. He had us taking Jamaree Sayler at 183.

He’s a player who filled in for All Pro LT Rashawn Slater and was given the game ball last weekend.

A sixth round draft choice.

We shouldn’t be having a discussion of a pizza worker hauled into the team in mid season.

Steuber, who we drafted in the seventh round but has entered the Matrix subway, only did 17. So we are on a likely upward trajectory to our OT backups.
I didn’t think much of Steuber during the draft. Our line has produced one of the most effective run games and fewest sacks in the league. I think we’re in good shape.

I’m reminded of Captain Stone’s redraft posting. He had us taking Jamaree Sayler at 183.

He’s a player who filled in for All Pro LT Rashawn Slater and was given the game ball last weekend.

We shouldn’t be having a discussion of a pizza worker hauled into the team in mid season.
They played the 0-3 Texans… enshrine the kid in the Hall Of Fame now. Stoners M/O is pretty straight forward, anyone the Patriots sign sucks, every other team has all the best players.

WTF does one performance against a league doormat have to do with the Patriots signing a kid to the practice squad. If the Patriots make a personnel move it gets talked about… do you know what forum you’re posting on?

Hey, but who needs Jamaree Salyer when we have Kevin Harris on the practice squad amirite?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back