Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFL | League cutting down on sideline traffic
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:38:37 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports local television affiliates were removed from the sidelines under a policy adopted Tuesday, March 28, by the NFL owners. They no longer will be allowed on the sidelines during games, which prevents them from shooting footage to show on news and highlight shows.

VERY interesting..no Bob Lobell..Mike Lynch footage from sidelines...and post game interviews on the field...it's as much about money as anything else..the locals will have to pay the NFL money for any film..so?? Just another way to squeeze money out of people...aometimes I think the "property" card is stretched way too far these days..

Why watch the local news when you can get full highlights, postgame analysis, player interviews and more on NFL Total Access on the NFL Network (call your local cable operator today; available on DIRECTV) at 6:00 EST!!! :rolleyes:

Seymour93 said:
Why watch the local news when you can get full highlights, postgame analysis, player interviews and more on NFL Total Access on the NFL Network (call your local cable operator today; available on DIRECTV) at 6:00 EST!!! :rolleyes:

Gargh! Did you have to remind me! Charter Digital Cable got in a contract dispute with the NFL Network, and we haven't had it since (mid-December).

Eh. Amen. Anything to make the local media's job harder is fine by me.

WTF were they thinking. Local coverage and clip are all that many people get. This is one area where the local media does a decent job.

PATSNUTme said:
WTF were they thinking. Local coverage and clip are all that many people get. This is one area where the local media does a decent job.

This has alot to do with the financial future of the league. They are counting on huge dollars through streaming media. Kraft is all ga-ga over this. In the future, they expect to make huge dollars for wireless communication companies. So this is in line with controlling the movie set for lack of a better term.

EDIT: Here it is...I found it...read this then this thread expands on the controlling nature of today's NFL.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-03-28-nfl-tech_x.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes