Our new #83 in 2007........Jeff Samardzija

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man,

I would love to see Jeff Samardzija wearing #83 for the Pats next year. This guy has great hands, great body contol, he's going to be a good one. I don't know his 40 time, but he always seems to be open. Averages 15+yards per catch, always seems to make the big play. The only thing holding him back from a big football career could be his desire to be a big time baseball player. If ND struggles some this year, Samardzija might be there for one of our #1 picks. Calvin Johnson & Tedd Ginn jr would be my preferances, but they will probably be gone when we pick (with the 31st & 32nd picks, hehe).

getting shut down by Michigan..its risky..u dont know if he decides to take baseball or not.

I liked him last year, but I watched him against I think It was Penn St. where he dropped some balls that hit him right in the hands.

Remix 6 said:
getting shut down by Michigan..its risky..u dont know if he decides to take baseball or not.

precisely--played in the Chicago Cubs system all summer after being selected in the 4th of the MLB draft

I love Jeff. But before I make him a first round pick I need to know a couple of things about him:

1. Is he fully commited to football over baseball?

2. Can he get seperation from NFL corners? He was covered pretty well today. I need to see his performance vs. other top corners this season. He is now the #1 WR and defenses will make him a priority (Last year he had Stovall helping him out). His combine numbers (40, 20 yrd shuttle, cone drills) will help sort this question out.

He is talented, I just hope he isn't another Mike Williams (great college WR but can't get open in the pros).

i'm pretty sure the Pats will draft someone that nobody will expect and he will end up being great, like every other year.

I love watching Notre Dame now because there's definitely going to be a nice Fresno State thing going on with them and the Patriots.

I think Samardzija is going to be a good WR in the NFL but not a top 10 WR. If he doesn't go that high I wonder if he'll go with baseball which would be a bummer.

I think the chances are higher that the Patriots take a late round flyer on McKnight who was promising but injured last year and with Quinn looking unspectacular so far this year likely to suffer in ND's offense.

He will get more money from baseball

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't know what his 40 time is but my impression is that he is as slow as a frozen snail.

mario manningham in 08 or 09!!

Considering the baseball contract, I don't think I'd have much interest. A guy who's piqued my interest lately is Dwayne Bowe out of OSU. Nice YPC average, has been a reliable performer the previous two seasons and is having a nice start to this college football season, and catches a lot of balls in the endzone. Had a sweet play at the end of the game against Auburn today which reinforced my feelings on him, scampering out of bounds between three defenders to stop the clock as time was running out on the final drive of the game.

Samardzija is over-rated. so is quinn. they both have been drinking their own Kool AId

patsfan55 said:
mario manningham in 08 or 09!!
That kid had a good game, showed a lot of heart and passion for the game, looking forward to seeing him again.

Samardzija, I'm just not sure. Smells overrated to me and after listening to him speak last year, I'd like to see a Wonderlic on the kid before anything.

Samarzidja showed some promise, but was beaten by Leon Hall (a truly excellent, NFL-caliber cornerback) all day. Manningham, on the other hand, was awesome. 4 catches, 137 yards, 3 TDs.

I'm hoping we take Lamarr Woodley with that pick, not Samardzija.

i liked that other receiver that was on penn state a few weeks back i beleive! that guy was awesome.. i cant remember his name

p8ryts said:
He will get more money from baseball

I don't know. If you're a first round pick in the NFL, you can get a pretty decent contract to start out. Its so much harder to make it in baseball. Plus, for the first 6 years of your major league career you're cost controlled in baseball. He won't be a free agent in baseball for a long time. If he wants a big payday sooner than later, he'll take the the NFL. If he thinks he can make it big in baseball, then he'll definitely go baseball.

Warren94 said:
Samardzija is over-rated. so is quinn. they both have been drinking their own Kool AId

the advantage quinn has is that he's been running a semi-pro style offense rather than running every play out of the shotgun like a lot of college qbs.

drpatriot said:
Samarzidja showed some promise, but was beaten by Leon Hall (a truly excellent, NFL-caliber cornerback) all day. Manningham, on the other hand, was awesome. 4 catches, 137 yards, 3 TDs.

I'm hoping we take Lamarr Woodley with that pick, not Samardzija.

i posted somthin bout woodley and other umich players on the draft board

woodley could def be a good strongside linebacker for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case