PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Todd Helton's football career

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I just watched an interveiw with Hazel Mae and Helton on FSN and she asked him about getting hurt and losing his STARTING QB job at the U. of Tennessee to none other than Peyton Manning. She asked him if he felt like Wally Pipp.

After the interveiw Hazel Mae started talking about how close-mouthed Helton was, and then he walked by a slapped her upside the head (kidding around, obviously). I had forgotten about the whole Volunteer thing. Good interveiw.

Some of those guys are pretty incredible athletes for baseball players ;)

Before you crucify me for that statement, I just recall this football player talking about baseball training camp, and saying "Q: What's the most difficult thing in a baseball training camp? A: finding a good T Time..." this after he was done doing two-a-days in the ridiculous Texas sun, or something like that...

Anyway, I also seem to recall that Chipper Jones - what kind of a flippin' name is Chipper, anyway? - was, the same year, Mr Baseball and Mr Football in Florida, no less... I mean, it's impressive regardless of state, but let's admit that it's even more impressive in a state like Florida...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft