PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: New NFL video game "Head Coach" coming out (The Chin on the cover)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_437799.html

Electronic Arts announced Tuesday that Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Bill Cowher will grace the cover of NFL Head Coach, a new video game under the EA SPORTS brand.
"With NFL Head Coach there is finally a game that gives true football fans the chance to strategize and become the head coach of their favorite team," said Cowher. "Coaching is about leadership and everyone will now see how difficult, but also how rewarding coaching can be."
That's probably overselling it a bit. :rolleyes:

Wonder if there will be another EA Games "Cover Curse" like the Madden series? :D

Each new Madden just keeps getting worse and worse and worse... so I may have to give this game a try. Thanks for giving us options though, EA, considering the exclusive contract ya scored with the NFL.

Seymour93 said:
Each new Madden just keeps getting worse and worse and worse... so I may have to give this game a try. Thanks for giving us options though, EA, considering the exclusive contract ya scored with the NFL.

I hear ya. I'm officially retired from Madden and my PS2 is gathering dust. Maybe this will be a good reason to fire it up again.

Seymour93 said:

yea and it's a shame because 2k sports was getting better and better. Damn EA!

what are you guys talkin bout?

ive had madden since 1993 and it gets better and better each yr

(one trick that makes it more fun, is downloading the real drafts and importing them)

SeanBruschi54 said:
So is this the new Madden or what?

No. It's a totally seperate game. I don't think you control the players in "Head Coach."

Seymour93 said:
No. It's a totally seperate game. I don't think you control the players in "Head Coach."
Thats not a bad idea as long as they dont cahrge friggen 60 bucks for the game. I wouldnt mind taking control of plays called, meetings, player aquirement, press meetings and so on and so forth.

But EA HAD to buy the rights to the NFL so they can charge ridiculous prices.

patsfan55 said:
what are you guys talkin bout?

ive had madden since 1993 and it gets better and better each yr

(one trick that makes it more fun, is downloading the real drafts and importing them)

I imported the draft classes and I think that made it even worse. I am an absolute perfectionist. I can't even bare to start a franchise unless every roster is 100% correct. As you probably know, that never happens and to change everything manually is impossible without turning off the salary cap which makes it unrealistic. The game looks better every year but that's where it ends. The gameplay is an absolute joke anymore. I have bought that game every single year since 90'.....never again.

Last edited:
I've just about had it with Madden as well. The gameplay is never realistic. There's no freedom to change rosters, player positions, etc. Or course, if there was, no one would buy the new releases. Hopefully the coach game will allow more flexibility for realism.

wonder if Belichick is going to be in that game.. He was not in the Madden game..

Im defintely buying this game. My least favorite part of Madden was actually playing the game (I know, weird, right?) so this will be a welcome change. I hope that you can substitute players like you should be able to, i.e. putting Hochstein/Seymour/Klecko in at FB. I know in Maddens past that was no a feature. I just hope that this is compatible with NCAA, so I can import draft classes to this game too. This game is the end of me buying John Madden Football video games...

Alternative

If you don't have a games console, or even if you do, you might want to check out 'Front Office Football' for the PC. It's a strategy game (no graphics) where you run a franchise as GM and/or head coach. It's all there, salary cap, draft, training camp, contract negotiations, agents, gameplanning, play-calling (if you want) and so on.

Check out www.solecismic.com for details. The latest available version has the rosters for the 2004 season (no licence so not the real player and team names, but you can edit them).

The EA game will be far better to look at, but I suspect the gameplay won't be as good as 'Front Office'.

Note: I have no connection, financial or otherwise, with the game or its publishers, I just think it's excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back