Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:23 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 12:34 p.m. EDT, September 24, 2006

KEARSE INJURY WORSE THAN REPORTED

FOX's Jay Glazer reports that the knee injury to Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse is worse than initially reported.

In addition to a torn MCL and two other partially torn knee ligaments, Kearse popped his hamstring tendon, strained his quadriceps tendon, dislocated his kneecap, cracked his tibia, and tor the capsule that hold the entire mess of bone and ligament and muscle together.

The partially torn knee ligaments are the PCL and the LCL.

As we've previously reported, Kearse did not tear his ACL. He busted everythingbut the ACL, but somehow the ACL wasn't torn.

Wow. That's a nasty, nasty injury.

Worse than Rodney's. (And speaking of that, here's hoping for the continued health of the team...) It was week 3 last year when both Harrison and Light went down.

Last edited:
That deserves a major ick.

That's just awful. He's got a long, long, long way to go to get back from that.

Yuck, that's one messed up leg :(

I figured IR was a little extreme for a sprained ACL...

Does anyone remember the specifics of Robert Edwards' injury? That's the only other time I can recall a case of a dislocated knee and we unfortunately know how that turned out.....

Patsfanin Philly said:
Does anyone remember the specifics of Robert Edwards' injury? That's the only other time I can recall a case of a dislocated knee and we unfortunately know how that turned out.....

Speaking of Robert Edwards, he's having some decent success up here in the CFL playing for Montreal. He's 3rd in the league in rushing yards and 2nd in TDs scored. Still not nearly as quick as he used to be, but good on him for getting this far. Hey, he's doing better then Ricky is.
51784-18688.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible to hear that. Hope his recovery goes well...not just for football, but for life.

pats1 said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

Wow. That's a nasty, nasty injury.

Worse than Rodney's. (And speaking of that, here's hoping for the continued health of the team...) It was week 3 last year when both Harrison and Light went down.

Wow, that's just about the longest list of injuries tied to the same hit that I've ever heard of. And it didn't even look that bad. Looking at that laundry list you'd think he got hit by a grenade.

Last edited:
That sucks. One of the few Eagles that I like.

Now they're saying, after surgery, that there wasn't any real ligament damage and Kearse could have been back for the end of the season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606669&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Updated: Sep. 28, 2006, 8:53 PM ET
Damage to Kearse's knee not as bad as first feared

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

In the wake of reports that the left knee injury suffered by the Philadelphia Eagles' Jevon Kearse on Sept. 17 included tears to three of four ligaments and ancillary involvement termed "severe," the star defensive end underwent surgery Thursday that revealed the damage was not nearly so catastrophic and that the rehabilitation for the eighth-year veteran will not be as daunting as originally anticipated.

In fact, the only repair made by renowned Miami-based orthopedic surgeon Dr. John Uribe during the Thursday procedure was to the lateral meniscus cartilage. In terms of what was reported about the injury in the days after it occurred, the meniscus damage is considered relatively benign.

"So we're probably talking, according to Dr. Uribe, about a 12-week rehabilitation period," agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN.com on Thursday night. "That still means Jevon would not have been able to play again, under the best circumstances, until the very end of the season. So I can't fault the Eagles for putting him on injured reserve and ending his season. But certainly, for everyone concerned, this is great news. It means he should be back on the field next spring for all of the offseason conditioning."

Last edited:
OntarioPatsFan said:
Speaking of Robert Edwards, he's having some decent success up here in the CFL playing for Montreal. He's 3rd in the league in rushing yards and 2nd in TDs scored. Still not nearly as quick as he used to be, but good on him for getting this far. Hey, he's doing better then Ricky is.
51784-18688.jpg

Apparently he is a hardworking guy who is committed to football. Too bad such a freak injury cut short his career with the Patriots.

His rookie season was impressive and I thought we had found a star running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes