PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Fields MVP of Dolphins-Jets Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimman

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Im sure a few of you guys were on the same boat as me and got switched from the Pats to this game early in the 3rd quarter after it was clear that Pats-Bears wasnt going to be competitive...

Except the problem was even though the score was closer in the Dolphins-Jets game I would say it was a hell of a lot less competitive. In fact it was pretty pathetic to watch as it looked like no one on either team wanted to win... except for Dolphins punter Brandon Fields. Both offenses here were absolutely terrible so it was clear that the game would be won on field position. Enter Fields who had to repeatedly kick from inside his own 20, while in the rain for most of his kicks. Watching him reminded me of when Mesko hit that monster game changer in OT against the Ravens... except Fields hit about 6 or 7 of those this game. His stat line for the game:

10 punts, 49.6 yards average (after 8 punts I think his avg was over 56), long of 69 yards.

Pretty amazing stats on their own but when you take into account where he was kicking from and how important the field position was in that game I think it might be up their for one of the best performances by a punter.

I was in the same boat as you were yesterday, and boy was I pissed-off.

And I completely agree with your take on Fields. When taking into account how often he had to kick, and from where,
it was one of the most remarkable game-long punting performances I have ever seen.

What was also remarkable was the truely pathetic "performance"(snicker) of Chad Henne.
I thought for sure he was going to screw-up the game eventually; he cert. tried his best to do just that.

Last edited:
Must be the new special teams coach.

For perspective: Fields punted for over 550 yards in the Miami/New York game. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News