PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anyone else glad that the Pats didn't draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvey & his reps are likely bouyed by the fact that Jax gave up a lot to trade way, way up to take him at #8. So they feel that he's worth more than he really is. Jax should've just let the draft fall to them, maybe take a WR with their original 1st-rounder, then Groves, then maybe Cliff Avril with their 3rd-rounder.

Actually I believe I said that Harvey was A) Undersized to play DE in the Pats system and B) Too slow to play OLB in the Patriots system. So no, I didn't see him coming here at all.

Finally, although contract holdouts are never a good thing, what matters in the end is how productive the player is. If Harvey plays like an all-pro for the team that drafted him, then the pick is justified. If he flops, then he'll be considered a bust. The money has little to do with that except maybe increase expectations.

This is why the NFL needs to implement a set rookie salary at each pick. ESPN gave the example of Harvey wanting more guarenteed money than David Garrard who is a proven player. I like that the Jags are taking a stand and saying no to his demands. Harvey is lucky to get whatever J-ville is offering because had the Jags not traded up for him he could have been a late first round pick. I didn't want him before the draft and glad the Pats didn't take him after the draft. At least the Jags have backup with Groves who I thought was a better prospect and will probably end up being a better prospect with this holdout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe