PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL threatens to take draft picks away from teams who break covid protocols (like masks)

Just watched the post game locker room video after the Raiders game. Coach Bill, no mask...Skippy McDaniels, no mask. Zero masks on players. Will the NFL's virtue signaling Brown Shirts start watching locker room vids and threatening loss of draft picks? If they are really serious about "stopping the virus" they really should take a pick or two away from the Pats. Players were not social distanced, no one had masks on during Coach Bill's team address, and there was plenty of skin on skin high fives. This, folks, is proof that the masks on coaches nonsense is 100% virtue signaling...and based on Charlie Parker's indoor gathering guidelines, the Patriots locker room WAY exceeded the maximum of 25 people...Charlie Parker should fine them heavily

How come the refs can take their masks off when they make announcements? Sheeple will sheeple I guess.

Fines serve the league better

-No masks create cash
-Cash gets redistributed to cover Wokeness commitment
-Wokeness partner then transforms cash into matches, gasoline, bats, and maps to the nearest Apple stores

Win win

My question is why a draft pick vs a fine? Fines go after the organization. Losing draft picks hurt the fans. I don't really care what the rules are (just follow them; it's part of your job), although having some masked and others not seems a little inconsistent. Hurting team's competitive chances down the road, however, seems unfair as a punishment for a health / protocol violation. If they were gaining a competitive advantage, I understand levying penalties that include draft pick. As it is, fines seem far more appropriate here.

Looks like the NFL has fully embraced Clown World. Was only a matter of time.

Why specifically focus on coaches? I would guess to send a message to team leadership, to set a baseline from the top, to make sure everyone tightens the **** up before things cascade negatively across the league.

Youve already got Gruden looking at fines for 10 of his players interacting indoors and unmasked with general population, at an event held in violation of local guidelines. The NFL hadnt done a bubble because they felt the teams could reasonably handle themselves. Apparently not so, should be a surprise to no one.

Coaches aren't protected by NFLPA

How come the refs can take their masks off when they make announcements? Sheeple will sheeple I guess.
Good question which I will answer with a question

How many people are within 6 feet of a ref using the PA system?

How many peeps are within 6 feet of a coach trying to figure out an adjustment on the sidelines while keeping his players informed and motivated@

My question is why a draft pick vs a fine? Fines go after the organization. Losing draft picks hurt the fans. I don't really care what the rules are (just follow them; it's part of your job), although having some masked and others not seems a little inconsistent. Hurting team's competitive chances down the road, however, seems unfair as a punishment for a health / protocol violation. If they were gaining a competitive advantage, I understand levying penalties that include draft pick. As it is, fines seem far more appropriate here.
Why take away a draft pick when the team’s promotional video crew filmed the field incorrectly, and the NFL apparently believed them since they didn’t suspend Belichick?

Sometimes I wonder how these owners managed to get rich to begin with, given how they run their football teams and staff the NFL front office.

because it gets their attention ... whats 100k fine for gruden? a write off... whats losing a draft pick? a pissed off boss, bad press and an angry twitter

This is 100% virtue signaling....players don't wear masks on sidelines so why should coaches? They're all tested.
The TEN outbreak shows that the test won't pick up on the virus for 3-7 days, so if any one of them caught it in the last 3-7 days they're spreaders.
Just watched the post game locker room video after the Raiders game. Coach Bill, no mask...Skippy McDaniels, no mask. Zero masks on players. Will the NFL's virtue signaling Brown Shirts start watching locker room vids and threatening loss of draft picks? If they are really serious about "stopping the virus" they really should take a pick or two away from the Pats. Players were not social distanced, no one had masks on during Coach Bill's team address, and there was plenty of skin on skin high fives. This, folks, is proof that the masks on coaches nonsense is 100% virtue signaling...and based on Charlie Parker's indoor gathering guidelines, the Patriots locker room WAY exceeded the maximum of 25 people...Charlie Parker should fine them heavily
No, it just proves if no tests are positive by Sunday none happened to have it at that time, so it wasn't spread this time.
The referees are non-plussed, they want this kind of stunt to become a personal foul:

The NFL can't do anything well. It is remarkable.

If they cared about spread, they'd not just mandate "masks", they specify what types. The difference between a legit 3 layer mask with a nose piece, and a moisture-wicking nylon neck gator pulled up over the nose is night and day. The first will protect both the wearer and those nearby; the latter actually amplifies moisture particles. That's what Greg Williams was doing last night - actually spreading his spit farther and faster (when he bothered to pull it up).

And that's the other thing- these guys aren't wearing them all the time. They wear them when they might be on camera. If someone on one of those teams has COVID, the part time wearing of lousy masks isn't going to matter at all.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back