PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Rule Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This may sound stupid, and I might be overlooking something, but the Cotchery play got me thinking. If a player is contacted down, and his elbow or knee lands on a player who is laying on the ground, why isn't that player considered down. Cotchery's momentum was clearly stopped and had a patriot (Samuel I think) not slid under him as he was falling, he would have been down. Should they change this rule? Is there a reason this shouldn't be a rule?

Disagree. As much as I detest the JEST, that play by Cotchery was one of the amazing athletic plays you'll ever see, and the rules shouldn't legislate athleticism outta the game. I just have to give Cotchery credit. I thought he was great at NCState and it's too bad he's making Pennington look as good as he made Rivers look.

Let players play.

FSUPatsFan said:
This may sound stupid, and I might be overlooking something, but the Cotchery play got me thinking. If a player is contacted down, and his elbow or knee lands on a player who is laying on the ground, why isn't that player considered down. Cotchery's momentum was clearly stopped and had a patriot (Samuel I think) not slid under him as he was falling, he would have been down. Should they change this rule? Is there a reason this shouldn't be a rule?
I'm sorry, did I accidentally stumble onto a Colts' board?

Incidentally, I assume you've heard that your Noles will unwrap their all-black uniforms when they play Boston College later this season?

i guess if at the moment that crtoch was almost down.... a pat player made sure he was down....pats would have been called for a personal foul

nowayback said:
i guess if at the moment that crtoch was almost down.... a pat player made sure he was down....pats would have been called for a personal foul

Actually if anything they're blowing the whistles way too late this season to allow for instant replay just in case.

Give cotchery his due. That was a great play and I am perfectly fine with the rule. Had it been Ben Watson who made that play, would you be posting a thread like this?

I tivo'ed this play about 4 times, still can not figure out how he did not touch the ground... probably as incredible catch as I have ever seen... don't need any more rules, Pats need to finish this play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes