Pats taking:

#23 - Ray Maualuga - ILB - USC
#34 - Louis Delmas - S - Western Michigan
#47 - Connor Barwin - OLB/DE - Cincinnati
#58 - Andy Levitre - OG - Oregon St.
#89 - Richard Quinn - TE - North Carolina
#97 - Coye Francis - CB - San Jose State

Re: New Draft Countdown Mock 3 round 4/14

Computer froze up! Didnt mean to post it twice. My apologies.

I could certainly live with that draft. :)

Actually, I've read about half a dozen mocks today, and only one of them really made me shake my head in dislike. Even if BB does something totally unexpected, I'm no longer worried. In fact, I have a great feeling about this draft.

Draft Countdown - 2009 NFL Mock Draft

Pats taking:

#23 - Ray Maualuga - ILB - USC
#34 - Louis Delmas - S - Western Michigan
#47 - Connor Barwin - OLB/DE - Cincinnati
#58 - Andy Levitre - OG - Oregon St.
#89 - Richard Quinn - TE - North Carolina
#97 - Coye Francis - CB - San Jose State[/QUOTE

Love the 1st two rounds. They have Jarron Gilbert going #59 to Carolina. Take him at #58 and I'd be drooling like Homer Simpson does at the sight of a donut over this draft.

Based on who we've visited and who we've brought in for private work outs I think his picks outside the top 3 are very unlikely. I also would be a little surprised if Barwin lasted til 47.

Re: New Draft Countdown mock - 3 round - 4/14

If Maualuga lasts until #23 then I am the pope - Especially considering he is at the top of the rookie LB list now with Matthews and Cushing screwing with Steroids

If I am going to take a safety that early I will go with Chung

Last edited:
Re: New Draft Countdown mock - 3 round - 4/14

If Maualuga lasts until #23 then I am the pope - Especially considering he is at the top of the rookie LB list now with Matthews and Cushing screwing with Steroids

If I am going to take a safety that early I will go with Chung

That has been debunked. There is an entire thread devoted to that.

Pick 23:

Would like to see the Pats go with Everette Brown or Darius Butler. This leaves another team to fill the need at ILB with Maualuga.

Pick 34:

Laurinaitis would be nice, but assuming the Lions take him here, I would be fine with Delmas, Donald Brown, or Alex Mack.

Pick 48:

No real need for Barwin with Brown in the mix. I would love to see Chung, Shawn Nelson or Sean Smith.

Pick 58:

Andy Levitre is a solid pick right here. Hard to pass on Gilbert and wouldn't be passed on with Alex Mack being picked earlier in the draft. Mack could work anywhere on the offensive line. Gilbert offers some sort of long term solution and has rare size and skill for this draft.

Pick 89:

Tight end is a need since Watson is essentially a bust and Thomas is hurt 56% of the time. Richard Quinn is a solid developmental player. I think it is too early for him and if Brinkley was still around, I think he would be the better pick.

Pick 97:

Coye Francis is a good pick up. Corner is an obvious need and he drops because of some of his flaws (character and athletic). I don't see Bill using a pick on him because of the standards I imagine he uses when selecting players, but the bottom line is that the next best corner would be great here.

Results:

_Everette Brown
_Alex Mack
_Patrick Chung
_Jarron Gilbert
_Richard Quinn
_Coye Francis

um... Watson is not a bust. He's been our starting TE for years. A bust is someone like Chad Jackson, who had the ball in his hands about three times in his career with the Pats.

I would have no problems if we drafted according to this mock but I do not see many of the players being around for us at those picks.

Maualuga
Barwin

I would love that draft. The last two picks make no sense, but the early picks do. That's what is great about the draft this year as best available player will work at every pick. No team can say that.

If you made it Maualuga, Delmas, Barwin and Gilbert for the first 4 picks then it would be a nice haul. I can't imagine taken Andy Levitre over Jarren Gilbert or Eric Wood at 58. Just doesn't make sense. I'd be quite happy with those 4 and then trading up a bit to take TJ Lang for the OL.

I'm not sure about Coye Francies. He's nice value at 47, I'm just not sure he fits for the Pats.

um... Watson is not a bust. He's been our starting TE for years. A bust is someone like Chad Jackson, who had the ball in his hands about three times in his career with the Pats.

You are right, Watson is not a true bust, but he's never really played to the level of his physical talents.

Okay, maybe bust is a strong word. I guess it would be safe to say that he hasn't much lived up first round pick expectations. 1 out of every 5 games he tends to impress me.

I am not a fan of NFLDraftCountdown, but this was a very well done mock. He's got every team filling needs with their picks, almost too much so. At some point some of the guys that slide are going to be drafted by teams that don't need them based on pure value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back