PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Patriots/NFL Things to Know for 4/13: News and Notes

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I would love all of Slade Bolden, EJ Perry & Tyler Vrabel here... as UDFAs.

And Mel Kiper's latest mock draft for us ****ing Sucks.

I really want to see how our current LB corps of McGrone (very fast) McMillan, and Wilson look in TC. McMillan was having a great TC before getting hurt. McGrone has the kind of speed and explosiveness that you see in Devon White. And Wilson is another quick ILB. These 3 to go along with Bentley who is a decent ILB give us a crowded room already. So is using our top pick on ANOTHER ILB, makes me wonder. That being said, I have also seen revues on Lloyd that compare him to Micha Parsons as an impact player on defense. But then you have the 4.59 40.

Another thing though OT. How can you have a list of top coaches in all sports and leave out Red Auerbach. he just won 9 titles in his 16 years as as the Celts HC, and got another 7 as their GM and he couldn't even get a mention??? Christ, this article had Phil F@cking Jackson #3. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I really want to see how our current LB corps of McGrone (very fast) McMillan, and Wilson look in TC. McMillan was having a great TC before getting hurt. McGrone has the kind of speed and explosiveness that you see in Devon White. And Wilson is another quick ILB. These 3 to go along with Bentley who is a decent ILB give us a crowded room already. So is using our top pick on ANOTHER ILB, makes me wonder. That being said, I have also seen revues on Lloyd that compare him to Micha Parsons as an impact player on defense. But then you have the 4.59 40.
Yeah this is why I don't have LB as high a priority as others do... Let's see what we have with these guys, fill other needs (CB, NT, DE, LT, WR, C/G) first, then hit the UDFA market hard to fill the rest of the camp roster...

Another thing though OT. How can you have a list of top coaches in all sports and leave out Red Auerbach. he just won 9 titles in his 16 years as as the Celts HC, and got another 7 as their GM and he couldn't even get a mention??? Christ, this article had Phil F@cking Jackson #3. :rolleyes:
Well said... Phil Jackson is such a ****ing gravy-trainer it's not even funny.

Reactions: Ian

Is 4.59 Lloyd's number? That is lightning fast for a 240 pound linebacker.

I know some other guys who don't have as good tape posted faster times, but at that position, I don't think that 40 is a problem at all.

Is 4.59 Lloyd's number? That is lightning fast for a 240 pound linebacker.

I know some other guys who don't have as good tape posted faster times, but at that position, I don't think that 40 is a problem at all.
the actual number was 4.66. But you are right even that slightly higher number got him into the top 15 IIR. What I couldn't find, and that might be more telling (for me at least) was his 3-cone time. He didn't run one at the combine, did he run one at his pro-day?

BTW- his team mate Nephi Sewell ran.a 4.5 forty and a 7.01 3-cone which was the second fastests for LB's. To bad he's only 6' 224 with short arms. But he's projected as a 7th or priority FA. Sounds like a 14 year all pro special teams player to me.

BTW speaking of speed McGron REPORTEDLY has run a 4.45 40 going into his last year at Michigan. If that is true and he has regained that speed after his knee injury between McMillan, Bentley, Wilson, and McGrone, we have 2 steady ILB's and 2 very quick ones. It will be interesting to see what schemes the Pats go to this preseason. But I am VERY excited at how quickly our ILB corps has gone from old and slow to quick and young in just one off season. Now of course they just have to prove they can PLAY.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back