PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My initial thoughts to playing NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I didn't get much sleep last night thinking about the super bowl and the patriots opponent. The entire game I was rooting for the Giants to win that game because I feel we match up better with them than with the PAckers. Here are some of the thoughts that ran through my head as I didnt sleep last night

1. I know the game was just a 3 point victory for the pats in week 17, but there were a lot of factors that came into play. First off, the Giants were playing with no pressure whatsoever. If they gave up big plays and lost, not a big deal, a loss meant nothing to them. For the Pats, there was a ton of pressure to go 16-0 in the regular season. The game was in NY, Neal and Kazcur were not in that game. Now the Giants will be feeling alot more pressure not to make mistakes and give up big plays, which I think will contribute to the pats making big plays.

2. At the time of the game, Manning had been less that good most of the season, the Patriots game plan was to stop the run and let Manning try to beat you. Manning played well and has played well since. You know that Belichick will take these 2 weeks to come up with a game plan to give manning more trouble.

3. Speaking of gameplans, I think Coughlin feels like he had a good game plan in week 17 and will probably try to replicate that scheme. That will be their downfall. Belichick will have an entirely new gameplan on offense and defense and should completely confuse the Giants.

4. How many players on the Giants have played in a superbowl. Strahan. This is a big advantage for the patriots as almost all of the players have been on this big stage before and should be able to handle the 2 weeks much better than the inexperienced giants.

sorry if this is a long post, but I had to get all of this off my chest.

The Giants are playing really, really well. They did not just beat the Packers, the beat them up. Plain and simple. The Pack did play stupid football and Farve actually was at his worse yesterday. He was terrible.

Farve is Marino who got lucky one year. As is Manning.

However, the Giant's defense has played really well after the Pats game. This is going to be a good contest.

all good points......
I am SO excited that this is a Boston - NYC SuperBowl...... much trashing talking starting....to be completed w NYC misery !!!! Lovely.
:rocker:

I didn't get much sleep last night thinking about the super bowl and the patriots opponent. The entire game I was rooting for the Giants to win that game because I feel we match up better with them than with the PAckers. Here are some of the thoughts that ran through my head as I didnt sleep last night

1. I know the game was just a 3 point victory for the pats in week 17, but there were a lot of factors that came into play. First off, the Giants were playing with no pressure whatsoever. If they gave up big plays and lost, not a big deal, a loss meant nothing to them. For the Pats, there was a ton of pressure to go 16-0 in the regular season. The game was in NY, Neal and Kazcur were not in that game. Now the Giants will be feeling alot more pressure not to make mistakes and give up big plays, which I think will contribute to the pats making big plays.

2. At the time of the game, Manning had been less that good most of the season, the Patriots game plan was to stop the run and let Manning try to beat you. Manning played well and has played well since. You know that Belichick will take these 2 weeks to come up with a game plan to give manning more trouble.

3. Speaking of gameplans, I think Coughlin feels like he had a good game plan in week 17 and will probably try to replicate that scheme. That will be their downfall. Belichick will have an entirely new gameplan on offense and defense and should completely confuse the Giants.

4. How many players on the Giants have played in a superbowl. Strahan. This is a big advantage for the patriots as almost all of the players have been on this big stage before and should be able to handle the 2 weeks much better than the inexperienced giants.

sorry if this is a long post, but I had to get all of this off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News