PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morning Huddle 10/8 - Brady 'We Sucked' on Third Down, Edelman Knocked Out of Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Morning Huddle 10/8 - Brady 'We Sucked' on Third Down, Edelman Knocked Out of the Lead, Today's Links
By: Ian Logue

Here's this morning's edition for Tuesday October 8th, 2013....

Re: Morning Huddle 10/8 - Brady 'We Sucked' on Third Down, Edelman Knocked Out of the

Thanks for the summary, Ian. A few thoughts:

1) Makes sense that opponents would figure out that there is a benefit to shutting down Edelman when Brady's other options are (to put it politely) limited, including a rusty Amendola.

2) While the Bengals did score on the drive where they caught the Pats flatfooted on third and 15, it's not clear, given their fourth quarter performance, that the Pats would have been able to do anything with the opportunity that forcing Cincy to punt from deep in their own territory would have given them.

3) Lets not let that one play detract from the great job that a Wilfork-less Defense did on Sunday. Giving up one TD and a couple of FG's to any team on its home turf is terrific in my book. It's pretty hard to win an NFL game when you can't score an offensive TD.

4) I'm always glad when I can agree with Number 12. The Offense, indeed, "sucked," and not just on third down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe