PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi (NFL Analyst) Signs with The Ringer (Bill Simmons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I watch Colin Cowherd a lot and loved to hear Mike Lombardi's analysis as he was a regular guest on the show. Lombardi worked for BB for a couple of years in 2014-2015 as a special assistant. He was the star of the "Make Me Smarter Football Podcast" for a few months and then just disappeared. It turns out he recently signed an exclusive deal with The Ringer which evidently includes appearing on the Rich Eisen show as well as podcasts and other work.

The Ringer Signs Mike Lombardi To An Exclusive Deal

I expect Mike's thoughts to get a lot of discussion here over time as he not only has great football insight (as BB noted when he repeatedly said after the Jamie Collins trade that Mike was "really smart" :) ), but he has significant insight into the way that the Patriots and BB work. He's definitely my favorite analyst out there. Besides, I love his analogies. :)

That happened a few weeks back.

He has been on various Ringer podcasts since then (the Simmons/Sal Superbowl preview, the Simmons emergency post SB one,SB post mortem with Mays today or tmw). Even though the content is not relevant anymore because the game has been played I can only recommend listening to it because Lombardi is very interesting to listen to.

We have a thread running on Mr. Lombardi right now: Lombardi on SB 51 comeback

Apparently he's writing a book right now too. It should be a real banger!

Indeed, it was watching the clip that got me into looking (again) into what happened to Mike. Since I never saw an announcement about it here and he is *very* interesting to listen to (especially for Patriot fans), I thought it was worthy of its own thread.

By the way, the Rich Eisen show is on from noon -> 3:00 p.m. EST right after the Dan Patrick show on AUDHD (DirectTV 239).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back