PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key turns down $3 million a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're calling him Key now?

Well, if I were Key I'd seriously consider this as a landing spot. Having a QB like Brady tossing bullets his way might even extend his career into another big signing bonus if his numbers continue to hold up.

Having noodlearm lob passes to him can end a career pretty quickly.

JoeSixPat said:
We're calling him Key now?

Well, if I were Key I'd seriously consider this as a landing spot. Having a QB like Brady tossing bullets his way might even extend his career into another big signing bonus if his numbers continue to hold up.

Having noodlearm lob passes to him can end a career pretty quickly.
His visit was with the Giants, not the Jets. Eli would be more attractive than NoodleArm, but Coughlin might not be his cup of tea. Sounds like he hasn't ruled them out, but is planning on visiting other teams. KJ is a pretty astute businessman and will no doubt go for the biggest paycheck. We shouldn't be getting our hopes up on this guy.

Yeah but he will be the 3rd WR on the Giants, money is money, but isnt Key famous for the "Gimme the Damn Ball" expression. That doesnt sound like someone interested in being the 3rd WR.

I honestly think he would take a bit less to be a starter.

He said last week that he wouldn't play for $2m - or wouldn't play full time for that. So I can't say I'm surprised although turning down $3M does take it to a new level.

JoeSixPat said:

Johnson will turn 34 this summer. At that age, this is likely his last contract and he knows it.

More power to him in getting the best deal he can. I'd like to see the Pats sign him, even if it does cost a little more on a short-term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News