PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just some thoughts on spoiled Patriot fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, thats a lot of text.

I only 1/2 buy into this. My reason is that there are many sports fans ho somehow get enjoyment out of seeing the glass 1/2 empty all the time. they refuse to believe that other teams can possibly have management and/or players as good as their team simply because they do not follow those other teams like their own.

We've had members here who complained right through all 3 Super bowl seasons. Complained :eek: ...and I remember this one when we were on the winning streak and some games we barley eeked them out.

My opinion is these type people...and every team has them simply don't enjoy sports like others do. It either makes their life better or makes their life miserable :( ... they stress the bad and they over amplify the miserable...and well, we all know this...misery loves company and this is why they post when they are not happy...they seek out other people as miserable as themselves.:confused:

I really don't need some internet writer to try to tell me what I should be thinking feeling or how I should be reacting to all things, Patriot. I HAVE been a Patriots fan since thier inception and truely do appreciate what they've done. If I'm critical of thier play at times doesn't change that and I don't need anyone to tell me otherwise.

Been a fan since 1971, with Plunkett at the helm. Had some good years in each decade... and some HORRIBLE years. That's why I LOVE this team, and why the past five years have been so sweet. You gotta appreciate what you've got, before it's gone.

Amen Stan.

Personally I like being spoiled, being able to root for a team that values teamwork over individual statistics, being able to root for a team that I know when I read the morning paper there will not be tales of drug busts and shootings by our team members, knowing that the most intelligent and football wise coach in the NFL is guiding this team.. I could go on and on and continue with all the platitudes, but having followed this team since the 60's I like being spoiled the way I am now. I know on any given Sunday we will probably win, bottom line it may not be pretty, some things could be done better.. but we will probably win that game.

Had ticket when Schaffer Stadium opened when in HS, seem some good and some poor Pats teams. the BB/Brady era is as good as will ever get for Pats fans we are Packer fans during the Lombardi era. I am enjoying the whole thing and counting my blessings as a fan. I hope and (expect) Brady to reire with more SB wins than any QB in history before he is done.

Think about it with 32 teams the odds are for 3 SB/century/team. We are really playing with house money here.

You know when i talk about the 3 championships in 5 years to raiderfan and ninerfan out here, they all talk about how I am living in the past. Well that is definitley true. I've been a pats fan since 77, and it was definitely tough to be a patriots fan for most of those years, for me it was a definite possiblity that I would never see this team win a championship. So i remember those years well, the constant beatdowns by Elway and Marino ( I lived in Miami for many of those years), Now three championships in 5 years, yeah its hard to get that smile off my face when I think about it, I still break out the SuperBowl DVDs every now and again (I know i need a life), I don't care if we are 12-4 or 4-12 this year, Belichick and co. gave us those championships and I am forever grateful.

I am not saying that we should just drink the kool-aid and shut up. But posts like I've seen here about benching Tom Brady when we are 2-1, or how we cannot win a championship with the receivers we got (how about 2001 folks !!) is just plain crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft