PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John madden on colts/pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Manning ballwashing.

get the lead, then run all day. Madden said we should just play for OT in 2001 as well. We'll come out swining, get a lead, stop the colts from getting a TD and then play ball pound smack the colts in the face and eat the clock.

Or maybe they'll just come out throwing all day who knows

No one can stop Manning??????

Where have I heard that one before?????

Oh Yeah the 2004 palyoff game.

Hey Madden remeber 20-3 Pats!

patsfan13 said:
No one can stop Manning??????

Where have I heard that one before?????

Oh Yeah the 2004 palyoff game.

Hey Madden remeber 20-3 Pats!

Exactly. "I have been watching the Colts and Peyton Manning for years and I know that there is no defense that stops Peyton Manning." I guess he skipped the '03 '04 playoffs. :rolleyes:

If this, then that, blah, blah, blah.

The Patriots are better. Period. The Colts' top two WR are better than ours. And their FG kicker is probably better. That's it.

Our other receivers (3-5 and TE) are better.
Our RB are better.
Our pass defense is better.
Our run defense is better.
Our non FG special teams are better.
Our coaches are better.

We're the better team. The only way we lose is if we play badly.

BelichickFan said:
If this, then that, blah, blah, blah.

The Patriots are better. Period. The Colts' top two WR are better than ours. And their FG kicker is probably better. That's it.

Our other receivers (3-5 and TE) are better.
Our RB are better.
Our pass defense is better.
Our run defense is better.
Our non FG special teams are better.
Our coaches are better.

We're the better team. The only way we lose is if we play badly.

Yes, we have the better defense. They have the better offense. They have the better FG team. We probably have better non FG special teams. Those I think are unarguably true. I think what that says is they can score points better than we can, we can stop points from being scored better than they can. I don't think that says we are better and should win. Indy's offense is the best offense going imho. They tore up a Denver defense that likely is better than ours. That one factor is of significance. If they score more often than not, that puts a must score premium on our offense. Adding a couple points to that. I don't think it can be assumed our defense will be any more successful than Denver's. It might be, however, I don't think it can be assumed with any certainty at all. Also, can our offense score on enough of its chances. Our offense is coming around nicely but I don't think it can be assumed with any real certainty that it can score on most of its possessions. While I hope the outcome of Sunday evening's game is correct as some here are thinking, I just don't feel anywhere near as certain. I see this game as a test of the Patriot's ability to stop the big play and be stingy in the red zone. I think the Patriots can and will score enough points to win a game against a lesser opponent. Will it be enough against Indy's offense? Look to Adam V. If he has a lot of FG's, I like our chances. If Indy converts TD's in the red zone, well, hopefully we learned enough in this game to change our fortunes in our playoff rematch against them in Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes