PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JD Drew reportedly out, Can Ellsbury provide a spark?

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think that benching Drew is long overdue move.
Ellsbury is a very talented young player.
I think they should give him a chance to start in this last game.
But more likely they'll go with someone like Kielty instead.
However Ellsbury is the most talented young player the Sox have outside of Pedroia.

I say let the kid play. It might give the Sox what they need at the top of the order to score some much needed runs.
What say you on the eve of game 5?

Keilty hits CC Sabathia very well, so a good move there...now Ellsbury should be in center for Crisp IMO

Kielty has done well against Sabathia. It worked in game one. Couple of hits and a couple of RBI's.

I can see it happening in Game 6 IF the Sox get there, but there's no way any manager would start a rookie lefty against Sabathia. If anyone needs to be benched, though, it's Crisp.

Francona said he didn't start Ellsbury because Sabathia is a lefty.

I can see it happening in Game 6 IF the Sox get there, but there's no way any manager would start a rookie lefty against Sabathia. If anyone needs to be benched, though, it's Crisp.

Or LUGO. He blows too. We got some serious off-season work.

Crisp, Lugo and in large part, Varitek, are automatic outs tonight...

i have this clown next to me at work insisting that "Ellsbury doesn't give you much more than Crisp... Ellsbury is a light hitting lefty who had a little run at the end of the year. ... he's 24 and inexperienced."

in front of my boss, i said "please shut the f^ck up, you don't know what you're talking about..." ... my boss laughed and agreed...

Crisp can't even lay down a bunt in play twice in a row, then waves at strike three far out of the strike zone... He's completely lost at the plate, i don't care HOW MANY acrobatic catches he makes in CF...

Now that Sabathia is out, I'd really like to see Ellsbury put in.

If Francona won't play Ellsbury in Coco's place why would he play him in place of Drew?

Francona said he didn't start Ellsbury because Sabathia is a lefty.

That argument is so flawed. Cocoa Crisp, who couldn't even put down a bunt is hitless. Ellsbury hit everyone including lefties when he was playing. What was there to lose.

Keilty hits CC Sabathia very well, so a good move there
Almost all the hits were over three years ago.

But whatever, they won. Now they need Crisp out, Ellsbury in and Schilling to have one of those occasional great games.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back