PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you're trying to lose some weight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
...and want to work on your Bulimia Nervosa by tossing some chunks tonight, make sure you watch the NFL Network...

8:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XX: Chicago Bears vs New England Patriots - Armed with one of the most dominating defenses in NFL history, the Bears overpowered the Patriots 46-10 winning the franchise's first NFL title since 1963. Richard Dent recorded one-and-a-half sacks earning himself MVP honors.

And thrill as you watch Bears Head Coach Mike Ditka $h!t all over the greatest running back of all-time, Walter Payton, by not allowing him to score a TD in his only Super Bowl appearance, instead, allowing nouveau tub-of-cr@p William "The Fridge" Perry to do the honors!

Just goes to show you where Ditka's head was!

Can you imagine Belichick making that mistake? Would never happen! He threw a game (albeit meaningless) so Doug Flutie could make a damn drop kick on his last regular season game in the league, fah-chrissakes!

Now THAT'S understanding a player's legacy!

I don't agree with it, but it was a class move nonetheless.

Ditka - What a schmuck!

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
...Ditka - What a schmuck!

Yiddish ... especially colloquial modern American Yiddish ... such a richly humorous language
that people of any sub-culture here almost have to know at least some of the vocabulary,
if we want to get away with our pretences to being cosmopolitan.

Schmuck, f'rinstance.
But then too ... schlemiel ... schlamozzle ... schnorer.
How do these pitiful prototypes differ from each other?
PatJew, any ideas?

Anyone?

(I sometimes wonder whether shmoo didn't first breathe life in Yiddish.)

flutie2phelan said:
Yiddish ... especially colloquial modern American Yiddish ... such a richly humorous language
that people of any sub-culture here almost have to know at least some of the vocabulary,
if we want to get away with our pretences to being cosmopolitan.

Schmuck, f'rinstance.
But then too ... schlemiel ... schlamozzle ... schnorer.
How do these pitiful prototypes differ from each other?
PatJew, any ideas?

Anyone?

(I sometimes wonder whether shmoo didn't first breathe life in Yiddish.)
Schmuck, like schmeckel, literally translate to "penis". Calling someone a schmuck is similar to calling him a "prick", though it can also refer to an oaf, baffoon, etc.

Schlemeil and Schlamozzle are both dolts. The first is more of a slob, the latter more of a loser. The old expression is that a schlemiel is one who spills a bowl of soup at a fancy party, while a schlamozzle is the person on whom the soup is spilled.

A schnorer is a real cheapskate. A perfect example is your friend who always "just happens" to show up while you're sitting down for dinner and joins in.

My favorite Yiddish words (in addition to schmuck) are "bupkus" (nothing), "mensch" (stand-up guy) and "chazzer" (pig).

Shmuck, putz, shlong, shvantz -- it's been said that the Eskimos have four hundred words for snow and the Jews four hundred words for ... ;)

Patjew said:
Schmuck, like schmeckel, literally translate to "penis". Calling someone a schmuck is similar to calling him a "prick", though it can also refer to an oaf, baffoon, etc.

Schlemeil and Schlamozzle are both dolts. The first is more of a slob, the latter more of a loser. The old expression is that a schlemiel is one who spills a bowl of soup at a fancy party, while a schlamozzle is the person on whom the soup is spilled.

A schnorer is a real cheapskate. A perfect example is your friend who always "just happens" to show up while you're sitting down for dinner and joins in.

My favorite Yiddish words (in addition to schmuck) are "bupkus" (nothing), "mensch" (stand-up guy) and "chazzer" (pig).

Thanks, PJ ... knew we could count on ya!

(MY favorite may be schlep.)

Ah, but Mike ... must try to raise his mind from the gutter. :)

Mike the Brit said:
Shmuck, putz, shlong, shvantz -- it's been said that the Eskimos have four hundred words for snow and the Jews four hundred words for ... ;)
Well, Eskimos have enrormous snow, and Jews have...

flutie2phelan said:
Ah, but Mike ... must try to raise his mind from the gutter. :)

"We are lying in the gutter, but some of us have our eyes on the stars" (Oscar Wilde). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
...and want to work on your Bulimia Nervosa by tossing some chunks tonight, make sure you watch the NFL Network...

8:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XX: Chicago Bears vs New England Patriots - Armed with one of the most dominating defenses in NFL history, the Bears overpowered the Patriots 46-10 winning the franchise's first NFL title since 1963. Richard Dent recorded one-and-a-half sacks earning himself MVP honors.
Eh, that game doesn't make me blow chunks. The Bears won fair and square and let's face it, they were the superior team.

If you want to see me blowing chunks, show the replays from this past year's Denver game with the pass interference call and the Ben Watson non-touchback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes