PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about a new look 2- TE set against Chargers this weekend with Asiasi and Keene to help out the run game?

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Time for a shift in offensive philosophy. Let's get BOTH rookies some experience and at the same time throw new looks at the Chargers. This might take some of the stacking the box against the run philosophy away and open things up for the run. At the same time maybe gives Cam some easy middle of the field opportunity for easy completions.
Its time for some change. Nothing to lose and lots to gain by getting the 2 rookies involved.

I think this is what the fans have wanted all year. Not sure if the coaches agree. It would definitely make me feel better about the picks if they actually got playing time.

Yeah, offense has looked pretty bad since midway through the first quarter against Houston when they just started stacking the box after the first td. We need more out of the passing game. Byrd did beat a guy deep on the one td in Houston but can we consistently make teams pay ? They need alot more out of te, the play action / seam routes should be there all day

If only they were adept at run blocking

Aren't they both on IR???
They’re practicing now. Asiasi has been practicing since last week, so his window is two weeks to be activated. Keene only started practicing 3 days ago.

I like the thought but you're talking about an offensive coordinator who values and develops TEs the least in the entire NFL

The corresponding move on D would likely switch a little guy for a bigger guy. Defenses are already crowding the box. What they need is a more balanced offense with a passing game so defenses have to defend a few yards past the line of scrimmage. These TEs have not shown they bring anything in that regard. Hope springs eternal I suppose.

Last edited:
Heck right now I wouldn't mind seeing an Izzo & Thomas 2-TE set, from which both of them run patterns off of play-action...Anything to keep Harry away from the field...

Heck right now I wouldn't mind seeing an Izzo & Thomas 2-TE set, from which both of them run patterns off of play-action...Anything to keep Harry away from the field...
Yeah, because Harry is responsible for Eleumenor sucking at LT. Because Harry had his number called three times for penalties when he only committed 1.

Time for a shift in offensive philosophy. Let's get BOTH rookies some experience and at the same time throw new looks at the Chargers. This might take some of the stacking the box against the run philosophy away and open things up for the run. At the same time maybe gives Cam some easy middle of the field opportunity for easy completions.
Its time for some change. Nothing to lose and lots to gain by getting the 2 rookies involved.

This is one of the more selfish posts I've seen here. Dude, your time is done, regardless of the end of the 62 man limit. You had a nice career, a good rep, don't sully it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back