PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go listen to the QuickSlants Podcast..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they worked on it, but it is still kind of a mystery why they've played this dumb this many games into the season. A bunch of the busted plays are away from Gilmore too, so you can't hang everything on the new guy. Though the 2014 team with Revis gave up 33 to the Dolphins and 41 to the Chiefs.

I think is was a lot of "When it Rains it Pours". It seemed as if every D-back, McCourty, Rowe, Gilmore and Chung, all made at least one bad play each resulting in extended drives or scores. Combine that with the times Newton slipped away while under pressure and we have an avalanche of fail. A perfect storm............that resulted in a 3 point loss.:(

Like I said, it was implied Gilmore was the issue.

It implied Gilmore was the issue if you listened to it already believing Gilmore was the issue.

You can't agree to disagree that someone said something different than what they said. We can agree you are wrong.

We are disagreeing what the implication was, which is a subjective opinion. I believe they pointed out Gilmore as the weak link without explicitly stating it to be so. You don't. Hence the disagreement.

It was a bad call.

I agree it was a bad call but after the first one he should have never had his hand anywhere his face so as not to give the refs a chance to call it.

We are disagreeing what the implication was, which is a subjective opinion. I believe they pointed out Gilmore as the weak link without explicitly stating it to be so. You don't. Hence the disagreement.
No. we are discussing what was said. You don't like what was said so you created an alternate meaning out of thin air.

I agree it was a bad call but after the first one he should have never had his hand anywhere his face so as not to give the refs a chance to call it.
So when you get a hands to the face call you should tell the coaching staff to not call any more plays when you jam a receiver?

So when you get a hands to the face call you should tell the coaching staff to not call any more plays when you jam a receiver?

You can jam other places besides the face.

You can jam other places besides the face.
It doesn't work that way. You jam the chest area and the player is trying to avoid the jam and the hands slide up.

Good pod.

They hit on most of the issues.

One thing not talked about enough are the lines. Both are getting pushed around and move off their spots.

It doesn't work that way. You jam the chest area and the player is trying to avoid the jam and the hands slide up.
then you need to work on your technique, to get better at avoiding that. that's the battle, Gilmore lost it.

then you need to work on your technique, to get better at avoiding that. that's the battle, Gilmore lost it.
It was a bad call.

By your argument no one should ever miss a block or a tackle, drop a pass, make a bad throw, get tackled.
If they do they suck.

It just doesn't work that way.
If you play press coverage there is a risk if this penalty. Did it happen at a bad time yes. Was it intentional no. Was it a bad call yes.
It's competitive sports just be a man and stop crying about it.

Good pod.

They hit on most of the issues.

One thing not talked about enough are the lines. Both are getting pushed around and move off their spots.
Not to trample in your point but this is one of my frustrations. OL and DL win and lose battles in every play. It's probably 50/50 more or less.
So everyone gets pushed around and moved off their spots because that is what the other guy is trying to do and he gets paid too.
When you win no one notices how often this happens and ignore it when you lose suddenly no one notices how often but point out the instances.

In a 40-7 win 100s of "bad plays" are made by individual players on the winning team.
I just wish people (not speaking to you just in general) would recognize this.
Someone posted a clip of branch bejng blocked on one okay and basically said see he isn't himself.
He was blocked like that many times last year too. Everyone is.

Great link to the podcast. I don't think I have ever heard Mayo speak and he is one funny dude. Very entertaining.

I do get the impression from him that this will be fixed but it will take some time. And not to expect something tonight. Gulp.

Not to trample in your point but this is one of my frustrations. OL and DL win and lose battles in every play. It's probably 50/50 more or less.
So everyone gets pushed around and moved off their spots because that is what the other guy is trying to do and he gets paid too.
When you win no one notices how often this happens and ignore it when you lose suddenly no one notices how often but point out the instances.

In a 40-7 win 100s of "bad plays" are made by individual players on the winning team.
I just wish people (not speaking to you just in general) would recognize this.
Someone posted a clip of branch bejng blocked on one okay and basically said see he isn't himself.
He was blocked like that many times last year too. Everyone is.

I get what you're saying.

Generally offensive linemen don't "win" but rather survive a play but pass pro doesn't have to be passive.

I guess what I'm talking about is the consistency at which our lines are being moved. It's real and has been a problem every game this season.

Football comes down to Line play. QB, OL/DL are miles more important than the rest of the positions and its not close. WR, LB etc are all interchangeable to a point save for all time greats that have changed the game.

I get what you're saying.

Generally offensive linemen don't "win" but rather survive a play but pass pro doesn't have to be passive.

I guess what I'm talking about is the consistency at which our lines are being moved. It's real and has been a problem every game this season.

Football comes down to Line play. QB, OL/DL are miles more important than the rest of the positions and its not close. WR, LB etc are all interchangeable to a point save for all time greats that have changed the game.
Right. A good analysis of OL/DL play is insightful but 95% of the commentary is made based up a play of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST