PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants, Eli Manning agree to a 4-year, $85 million contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
....including $65 million in guaranteed money and a no-trade clause.

The $21 million average in new money puts him fourth among the highest-paid quarterbacks behind Aaron Rodgers ($22 million),Russell Wilson ($21.9 million) and Ben Roethlisberger ($21.85 million).

Even if he's not the best, if you have a franchise QB, you pay him in todays NFL.

What does new money mean?

Money that has not yet been printed in the mint..........

Just kidding, I too have always wondered what "new money" means.

New money means money that wasn't already promised to the player in his original contract. For example, take Ryan Allen. He still had a year left on his old contract. The "new money" is everything they agreed to pay him that they weren't already scheduled to pay him (i.e., his 2015 salary).

I actually think it's a fair deal. He didn't break the bank, but he is being about in the general area of his skill set. Not at the top, but in the uppers echelon of the 2nd tier.

The NFC East must be very happy today.
Not all of them. Bradford broke off contract negotiations with the Eagles because he wants to play out this tear as a "prove it year" and if he stays healthy get that kind of money next year...somewhere...

I heard he wasn't taking a max contract so they'd have cap available to help the team. What does a max contract look like if this isn't one? I mean, he's taken them (and won :( ) to 2 SBs, but he's a streaky QB who is good with moments of excellence, but averaging 21m a year is very high (imho).

What are they gonna do? Get another one. Cleveland has been looking forever, TN hasn't had one since McNair, Chicago has been searching for 40 years.

If you even get a top 10 guy you need to keep them. The NFL has been calling people the next Brady since 2003. If your a team looking for the next Brady you might have to wait 50 years, probably longer.

He's making more than his brother. :confused:

Peyton > Eli > RGIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results