Former Patriot WR Irving Fryar (and mom) indicted in mortgage scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Former NFL WR Irving Fryar Indicted For Allegedly Stealing $700,000

A state grand jury in New Jersey today indicted former NFL wide receiver Irving Fryar and his mother for conspiring to steal nearly $700,000 in an alleged mortgage fraud scam.

According to the five-page indictment, Fryar, 51, and his 72-year-old mother, Allene McGhee, allegedly worked together to apply for and close on five home loans in six days back in 2009, while using only McGhee's home as collateral. This is from a statement issued by the New Jersey attorney general's office:

My favorite comment:

banks became suspicious when Fryar offered up a 1990 Patriots Super Bowl ring as collateral.

Last edited:
Ugh, sickening. He was my favorite when I was a wee little fnord and started watching games in 1985.

He was obviously a guy whose life was in shambles but then he got religious and it seemed like everything turned around for him in Miami.

Sad to see him apparently fall again. :(

Not a shocker.

I vividly remember him vandalizing replacement players' cars on camera during a mid-80's strike..

A state grand jury in New Jersey today indicted former NFL wide receiver Irving Fryar and his mother for conspiring to steal nearly $700,000 in an alleged mortgage fraud scam.

815021264.gif

Perfect Deus. Now Rob Ryan becomes the icon gif for everything that is highly disappointing. We'll be seeing it for years.

Perfect Deus. Now Rob Ryan becomes the icon gif for everything that is highly disappointing. We'll be seeing it for years.

Actually the Hernandez disappointment at opening the door to find the FBI agents GIF would be most appropriate here.

----Holy crap, it just dawned on me that the Patriots have better pass catchers in jail than on the field!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday