PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Farve gets biceps surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre doesn't make it a soap opera. The media makes it a soap opera. The media makes it a soap opera because people actually care about it. Blaming Favre is simply misplacing your frustration.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Nope, Favre had nothing to do with it. That stupid media *forced* him to go on Fox News and give a 12 minute interview about how he's not willing to be a backup and how he didn't trust the Packers to trade him and he wants out and they're obligated to trade him to the team that HE wants to go to.

At the end of the day, I agree that nothing should stop him from trying to play but his own desire. As long as he wants to play, and as long as someone is willing to pay him, then he should. I think he's incredibly overrated, but that's beside the point. To claim that he didn't stoke the fires of the soap opera in a major way, however, is simply wrong.

Last edited:
Furthermore, given that the Patriots pulled Seau out of retirement, New England fans really should probably just shut the hell up about the retirement/unretirement issue. It's hypocritical, to say the least.

Completely different situation. Seau never felt the need to start a pissing match with management. He never went public with the whole soap opera. He handled it like a professional.

I don't care if a guy retired and unretires a hundred times. That's his choice, and it doesn't affect me in any way. I just think it's ridiculous for someone to throw such an epic tantrum over the fact that he's under contract and the team that he plays for controls his rights.

Like I said before, it doesn't really matter. I wish the Jets would sign him again, because he's not a very good QB at this point in his career.

Last edited:
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Nope, Favre had nothing to do with it. That stupid media *forced* him to go on Fox News and give a 12 minute interview about how he's not willing to be a backup and how he didn't trust the Packers to trade him and he wants out and they're obligated to trade him to the team that HE wants to go to.

At the end of the day, I agree that nothing should stop him from trying to play but his own desire. As long as he wants to play, and as long as someone is willing to pay him, then he should. I think he's incredibly overrated, but that's beside the point. To claim that he didn't stoke the fires of the soap opera in a major way, however, is simply wrong.

People care what a player is going to do. Therefore, the media cares what a player is going to do. Therefore, the player gets inteviewed by the media. That's the general pattern. Favre's getting calls while he's out hunting and fishing, but he's the one stoking the fires? Brilliant! Of course, when a Patriots player does this, it's not the player stoking the fires.

It's sad, but the inability to understand that the media calls up more than just "YOUR" team to solicit information seems to be a trait common among most team fan bases.

Last edited:
People care what a player is going to do. Therefore, the media cares what a player is going to do. Therefore, the player gets inteviewed by the media. That's the general pattern. Favre's getting calls while he's out hunting and fishing, but he's the one stoking the fires? Brilliant! Of course, when a Patriots player does this, it's not the player stoking the fires.

It's sad, but the inability to understand that the media calls up more than just "YOUR" team to solicit information seems to be a trait common among most team fan bases.

Did you actually click on the link? I'm not talking about getting calls while he's out hunting and fishing. I'm talking about having a 12 minute sit-down exclusive interview with Greta Van Susteren. He outright says in the interview that he's doing it because he wants everyone to know his side of the story: he actively chose to use the media to get his message out. He says so himself; your claim is contradicting Favre's own admission.

So once again, to claim that it's all overblown media and that he wasn't a major catalyst of it is just wrong. If a Patriots player went and gave a 10+ minute sit-down interview about how unfair his contract is and how the team should have to trade him, I wouldn't like that player either.

It's sad, but the inability to admit when you're wrong and move on seems to be a trait common among certain posters here ;)

Last edited:
Brett Favre's annual retirement/unretirement/reretirement/unreretirement/etc. has officially passed baseball as the most popular summer spectator sport.

MLB needs to think about that. People can only watch your game if the players are juiced out of all proportion and hitting 60 homers a year.

When retirements from other sports are more interesting than your sport... well you get the idea.

I'm calling for a moratorium on favre threads. Actually lets try this you can report a favre story if it holds for 2 consecutive days.

There might not be a better PR machine on earth than Team Favre.

In the span of a couple days they got him the headlines he lives and breathes for without anything actually happening by:

1 - releasing that he had surgery on his bicep a couple weeks back
2 - leaking that his family has booked rooms for the Min/GB game
3 - leaking an alleged conversation in which Brad Childress told Favre's agent that he missed the dealine and the team was no longer pursuing him which set off a firestorm resulting in
4 - Childress denying said conversation took place

Favre and his circle have a real future in either politics or reality TV. No one in sports does a better job of getting his name to lead off sportscenter.

Last edited:
I admire his passion for the game but it seems like he wants to get back at the Packers at this point more than anything.

It was hilarious watching his late season collapse last year but if he can keep up his play like he did the first half of the season than he'll be better than any QB the Vikings have.

Favre Report Confirmed

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2009, 10:02 p.m.

I love the smell of vindication in the morning.

It smells like Febreze.

Mark Rosen of WCCO reports that, indeed, the Vikings and quarterback Brett Favre have agreed to terms on a contract, and that Favre will attend training camp.

Unless, you know, he doesn’t.

Rosen also confirms our report that purple jerseys bearing Favre’s number and name already have been ordered.

From our perspective, there was no doubt about it. Though the manner in which it came to us was unusual, the point was that a source in position to know the truth thereafter told us, “I can’t tell you anything, but I will not deny it either, and I’ll leave it at that.”

Did you actually click on the link? I'm not talking about getting calls while he's out hunting and fishing. I'm talking about having a 12 minute sit-down exclusive interview with Greta Van Susteren. He outright says in the interview that he's doing it because he wants everyone to know his side of the story: he actively chose to use the media to get his message out. He says so himself; your claim is contradicting Favre's own admission.

So once again, to claim that it's all overblown media and that he wasn't a major catalyst of it is just wrong. If a Patriots player went and gave a 10+ minute sit-down interview about how unfair his contract is and how the team should have to trade him, I wouldn't like that player either.

It's sad, but the inability to admit when you're wrong and move on seems to be a trait common among certain posters here ;)

That's the general pattern.

I'm pretty sure that 'general pattern' isn't a direct reference to a specific incident. It would be more of a reference to a, you know....

general pattern.

It's sad to watch some people follow others around the board nipping at their heels like an attack Yorkie. ;)

Last edited:
You're working in possibilities not facts Deus. This could have happened if this didn't etc etc. I've never like that operating mode.

You're working in possibilities not facts Deus. This could have happened if this didn't etc etc. I've never like that operating mode.

I don't understand your claim. People like King & company have stated publicly that they were contacting Favre or his agent, time and time again. There's not a possibility here, it's the way it works. As a general rule, the media contacts the player/player's agent, not the other way around, although it is not always that way. Teams will notify the media of press conferences and the like, but that's a slightly different issue.

Last edited:
I don't understand your claim. People like King & company have stated publicly that they were contacting Favre or his agent, time and time again. There's not a possibility here, it's the way it works. As a general rule, the media contacts the player/player's agent, not the other way around, although it is not always that way.
I see what you're saying, that's the journalist's job. The "retired" player and agent have no obligation to disclose anything. Favre has proven himself an egotistical type over the years. I also realise, people want to know about Brett Favre as he is news worthy.

I'm more concerned with qualifying statements like the Jets could have done X if Favre didn't get injured etc. The what if scenario. Personally I hate them, because they don't change a thing.

I see what you're saying, that's the journalist's job. The "retired" player and agent have no obligation to disclose anything. Favre has proven himself an egotistical type over the years. I also realise, people want to know about Brett Favre as he is news worthy.

I'm more concerned with qualifying statements like the Jets could have done X if Favre didn't get injured etc. The what if scenario. Personally I hate them, because they don't change a thing.

Ok, well, I disagree with your take on the qualifying statements, but I appreciate the clarification.

Ok, well, I disagree with your take on the qualifying statements, but I appreciate the clarification.
That's fair enough Deus. I may be slightly blinded in my disgust for the Jets alike... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST