PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Documents reveal Peyton Manning accuser called sexual assault crisis center to report 1996 incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OTL: Manning accuser called sexual assault hotline

!!! ESPN article warning !!!

Less than three hours after the Feb. 29, 1996, training room incident, then-trainer Jaime Naughright called a Knoxville sexual assault crisis center hotline and said she had been victimized that evening by a "very well-known public figure ... an athlete at UT" and that she had already reported the incident to her supervisor.

According to the document, Naughright did not name Manning and did not want to discuss details of the assault over the phone because she "feared for her job, worried and feared for her life." Notes written by the crisis center worker quote Naughright as saying, "I can't believe this ... sense there will be a cover-up."

It's always been stated that she called the hotline. Only total idiots somehow thought she didn't report it. More proof, I guess. Not that it probably makes a big difference.

Surprised ESPN is the first to report.

It's always been stated that she called the hotline. Only total idiots somehow thought she didn't report it. More proof, I guess. Not that it probably makes a big difference.

Surprised ESPN is the first to report.

It's more for the 'feared for my job/life' and 'cover-up' statements than the simple fact that she called the hotline. That's what's pretty intense about this report, anyways.

And yeah - ESPN is reluctantly getting dragged into this. Now when will the major media outlets like CNN rush in like they did with deframegate?

It's more for the 'feared for my job/life' and 'cover-up' statements than the simple fact that she called the hotline. That's what's pretty intense about this report, anyways.

And yeah - ESPN is reluctantly getting dragged into this. Now when will the major media outlets like CNN rush in like they did with deframegate?
Yeah, in reading it myself it pretty much all lines up with how it went down - she called the hotline and said she feared for her job and felt there would be a cover-up. Her supervisor tells her "don't call the cops and don't tell the media." What ends up happening? She loses her job and it gets covered up.

Really looking good for UT and their suit with those ladies, eh?

Theywintoomuchgate.

The guy who helped the Mannings cover it up was trainer Mike Rollo, who passed away a few years ago (lucky for manning). He encouraged her to say it was a "mooning."

Damn, I know this new information doesn't really change the facts of the case at all, but it puts it in a bit of a different light. Terrible for her, and hard to imagine how disgusted she must have been for the past 2 decades seeing his face and name everywhere while the entire country celebrated him as some pillar or moral virtue.

I guess this puts to rest the whole "she never claimed he assaulted her until after he made a ton of money!' defense to bed. That one never made much sense, but it's what Manning's biggest supporters are clinging to.

He did, however, testify that she was clearly distraught from the beginning and that seemed out of character for her, as she was someone who tended to roll with the hyper-masculine culture of the athletic department.

Rollo said he knew of at least two other times when Naughright had seen athletes moon one another, and she had not expressed any offense.
So on one side we have literally everyone else and on the other Manning. Hopefully some of the jackasses in the media reassess taking him at his word.

sacc.png

This is from the form that was filled out on Naughwright's behalf. Interesting choice of words. I imagine she "learned" of it when he dropped it on her face. :D

Intimidation.. would the Manning camp ever use such a tactic? I can't remember him ever doing anything like that....

Peyton’s private investigators looked into Al Jazeera source

The Washington Post reports that two men hired by Manning’s lawyers visited the parents of the documentary’s main source, Charlie Sly, before the documentary aired. Those two men were looking for Sly in an attempt to discredit the documentary. Sly’s parents were concerned enough that they called 911 and reported the two men.

It's obvious she called because she was so offended of the mooning and convinced the track player to lie for her and cost himself his athletic eligibility just to lie for some trainer. Nothing to see here.

Sexual assault hotline public service notices can use Peyton's likeness on their billboards.Call his agent today for pricing because he may be losing his sponsors.

Perhaps they got advice from JoePa

This speaks more to the culture of protecting athletes in big universities with really big names than anything else.. there are differing standards.

Peyton* was a very big man on campus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference