PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Pioli take Patriots' stuff with him when he left the organization??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In Peter King's MMQB he writes of Eric Winston, newly released by the Texans meeting with Pioli in KC and,"
>>>When I met with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, I got a little surprise. I had mentioned at dinner the previous night that when I came out in the draft in 2006, I didn't think the Patriots (where he was working at the time) liked me when I was entering the draft. Scott started laughing out loud and said, "No way, we liked you a lot.'' So the next day he showed me my Patriots psychological evaluation from 2006.<<<<<

Read more: Sean Payton's suspension the talk of the NFL owners meetings - Peter King - SI.com

My question is how as a member of the Chiefs, he would have a Patriots profile from 2006?????? Wouldn't the material he compiled here have been proprietary and owned by the Patriots' organization??? I know he left on good terms but I thought you don't take that type of material with you???
I get the feeling Winston was not supposed to mention that...

Rumor has it that Pioli also walked away with a stapler, Patriots stationary and several ball point pens.

Its official...Pioli-gate.

Rumor has it that Pioli also walked away with a stapler, Patriots stationary and several ball point pens.

Its official...Pioli-gate.

I'm sure it happens all the time ( except maybe being Mangini - didn't they change the keycodes IIRC) but you usually don't hear about it being announced so blatantly or at least they know it's on the QT and keep it that way......

Scott Pioli circa January 2009:

fax-machine-office-space-o.gif

My guess is he did it very openly, with BB's and Kraft's approval, in appreciation of his past loyalty.

When I was a stock analyst, the assistant who helped build what was then one of the most significant statistical databases on Wall Street left to be an analyst at another firm. His mentor, quite unnecessarily, let him take all the data with him. THEN they competed with each other as hard as they could.

Given that Pioli was probably pretty heavily involved in developing that profile for the Pats, I'm sure BB and Kraft figured it really wasn't anything he didn't already know. A professional courtesy, which I'm sure Pioli gives back to them when it makes sense (giving them a scoop on why the Chiefs might have cut a certain player, etc).

Of course he did. Doesn't everyone take "stuff" when he leaves a team?

In this (alleged) case, Pioli was only "taking" what everybody on the Pats already knew. I don't see how allegedly revealing something a few years later is upsetting any competitive balance in any way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe