PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denise Quickenton Dies At Fenway...4lb Baby Saved.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
R.I.P. Denise Quickenton ... a very sad story from Fenway Park.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/08/02/husband_mourning_mother_to_be_who_collapsed_at_sox_game/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

The husband of a pregnant woman who died after collapsing at a Red Sox game Saturday does not know why his wife died, but Todd Quickenton is relieved his newborn son is doing well.

``I've just got to try to stay strong for Maxwell's sake," he said yesterday in a telephone interview from his home in Schenectady, N.Y., where he is awaiting autopsy results. ``We're going to help each other. I look at him, and it doesn't hurt so bad."

Denise Quickenton, 29, went into apparent cardiac arrest at a Fenway concourse picnic area after the couple moved there from sunny bleacher seats. Temperatures reached 90 degrees that afternoon. She was seven months pregnant and had a history of asthma, but her husband said she seemed fine that day.

``Heat very well may have played into it," Quickenton said. ``I looked in the opposite direction, and when I turned back she was pale and clammy and not breathing and starting to slink out of her seat."

Staff from a Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center station at the park arrived quickly but could not revive his wife, Quickenton said. She was taken to the hospital shortly after 3 p.m., where the 4-pound infant was saved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard about this yesterday- how absolutely horrible!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back