PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conspiracy Theory: Jets paid the officials to throw the game to get Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
During the CBS halftime show, Greg Gumbel commented that Kubiak or Mangini would become available to take a Head Coaching job. It instantly crystalized in my mind who had been behind the abysmal PI call against Asante, THE J E T S!!!!!!! :eek:

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! :enranged:

Kubiak's all but signed as the Texans new coach, or so I've heard.

Incredible. Your team gets ONE questionable call against them in the last five years and it's like the end of the world.

IrvingFryarIsMyBabyDaddy said:
Incredible. Your team gets ONE questionable call against them in the last five years and it's like the end of the world.
Lighten up Francis.

Box_O_Rocks said:
During the CBS halftime show, Greg Gumbel commented that Kubiak or Mangini would become available to take a Head Coaching job. It instantly crystalized in my mind who had been behind the abysmal PI call against Asante, THE J E T S!!!!!!! :eek:

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! :enranged:

If Mangini wants to take the Jets job and hamstring his future as a successful NFL HC, then hurry up and get the hell out of town. I know he's probably been counseled against it by BB.

There should be a rule in the NFL regarding losing top assistants in consecutive seasons...at least without compensation.

So does Pepper Johnson get the DC next year and a HC job the next?

The Gr8est said:
If Mangini wants to take the Jets job and hamstring his future as a successful NFL HC, then hurry up and get the hell out of town. I know he's probably been counseled against it by BB.

There should be a rule in the NFL regarding losing top assistants in consecutive seasons...at least without compensation.

LOL! Mangini to the Jets is golden. He has a good young core on defense, and enough players on offense to compete. Plus, he'll have zero expectation next season. Jets fans will be thrilled with a 7-9 season and having no Herm on the sidelines.

The Gr8est said:

I thought he had a good shot at it until I saw the story where BB mentioned he had focused a lot of his time on the D-line this season. Pepper has had two years as D-line coach, I almost think BB was working with him as much as the lads. Pees was a Head Coach in college and worked with Saban at Michigan State. There's also Seeley, ST's coach, who BB claims is good enough to be a HC, maybe BB gives him a shot at raising his profile. Dante probably could crossover too.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I thought he had a good shot at it until I saw the story where BB mentioned he had focused a lot of his time on the D-line this season. Pepper has had two years as D-line coach, I almost think BB was working with him as much as the lads. Pees was a Head Coach in college and worked with Saban at Michigan State. There's also Seeley, ST's coach, who BB claims is good enough to be a HC, maybe BB gives him a shot at raising his profile. Dante probably could crossover too.

No!!!!!

I'm tired of losing all our coaches!

Box_O_Rocks said:

Donnie Henderson could become available. That would be a sick shot across the Jets' bow if they went and took Mangini.

Donnie Henderson could become available. That would be a sick shot across the Jets' bow if they went and took Mangini.
Donnie is in contention for a HC job, and if he doesn't get one could be sucked up by one of the new HCs to be their DC at a higher salary then the NYJs pay. BB would want to bring in someone familiar with his system to groom for DC as a position coach. Someone like Donnie with his own system would need to do the same for a couple years I'd think.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Donnie is in contention for a HC job, and if he doesn't get one could be sucked up by one of the new HCs to be their DC at a higher salary then the NYJs pay. BB would want to bring in someone familiar with his system to groom for DC as a position coach. Someone like Donnie with his own system would need to do the same for a couple years I'd think.

Donnie isn't getting an HC gig. He's getting interviews because he's the obligatory minority interview. The team that he had the best chance with--the Saints--immediately went out and interviewed Mike Martz and Mike Sherman. Odds-on favorite is Martz, who won't get an HC shot with a legit franchise, and who won't want to be an OC again.

I agree, though. Donnie is pig-headed and would have a hard time meshing with Belichick's system. Still, if Mangini takes the Jets gig and pushes Donnie out the door, Beli would be smart to pull him in as an assistant in some capacity.

Well

This could def be a bad weekend! First the loss to denver and then the loss of Mangini to the JETS----go ahead and kick us while we are down cause we will be back :rocker:

LOL! Mangini to the Jets is golden. He has a good young core on defense, and enough players on offense to compete. Plus, he'll have zero expectation next season. Jets fans will be thrilled with a 7-9 season and having no Herm on the sidelines.
2 yrs and out, IMO. He's never coached offense, who's he going to get for OC? BB took over the front 7 the second half of this yr. If he goes, he's in for a h*** of a rocky ride. The only reason they want him is to weaken the Pats.

Just like how we said the Pats wont miss Bill Parcells in 97 ,, look how that turned out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News