PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Complete statement and Q&A from Belichick today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Bill Belichick really say "Certainly, seeing some of the people here who were very recently with us, like Tom Dimitroff, who did a tremendous job for us this year in Atlanta..."?

Did Bill Belichick really say "Certainly, seeing some of the people here who were very recently with us, like Tom Dimitroff, who did a tremendous job for us this year in Atlanta..."?

Whoops! That's my bad--it's been fixed.

I got this off Reiss' but found it real interesting.

Belichick called the addition of Floyd Reese as a senior football adviser, and continuing to work closely with director of player personnel Nick Caserio, as “invigorating.” He made those remarks while touching on the reshaping of the team’s personnel department with Scott Pioli now in Kansas City as general manager.

I find that real interesting and might the process of bringing Reese up to speed allow some evaluation points. I mean if there is a point where BB says we do X one way and Reese has an opinion about it it could lead to some innovation.

Thought this was kind of telling, as a way of describing a veteran coach like Jim Schwartz:

"A brilliant guy, of course, a Georgetown graduate."

Clearly the abundance of fancy degrees on the Pats' coaching staff isn't pure chance.

Is that trend of going young unfair?
Again, I don’t know. I’m just trying to coach the Patriots, really. I’m not trying to solve the world's problems"

Man, Belichick rocks. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he thinks that the people asking these questions are idiots, and I love it. No wonder they feel the need to try to smear him.

Last edited:
Is that trend of going young unfair?
Again, I don’t know. I’m just trying to coach the Patriots, really. I’m not trying to solve the world's problems" QUOTE]

that quote is hilarious I think I am going to steal that....it would work in so many scenarios

You know your boss wants you to put in some overtime just tell him hey I am not trying to solve the worlds problems...endless

I love how BB omitted any mention of Mangina while handing out props to his former coaches/staff with new positions. BB even mentioned Cleveland's new GM without any note of the ratbag Mangini. Have any more doubts that Mangina is on BB's sh*t list?

Last edited:
I love how BB omitted any mention of Mangina while handing out props to his former coaches/staff with new positions. BB even mentioned Cleveland's new GM without any note of the ratbag Mangini. Have any more doubts that Mangina is on BB's sh*t list?
Yeah, Don Banks referenced that in his lengthy column. He also compared Belichick's opening to a filibuster, he went on for so long.

that opening statement is longer than an inaugural speech.....owww....

There are some interesting guys here. There are some corners, there are some safeties, and then there are some guys that kind of fall in between. We’ll have to determine how they’ll fall in a particular system. I think that the safety position has become more and more of a corner position in the National Football League. There were times when some of the safeties, particularly the strong safeties, fit more almost like linebackers than they did as defensive backs. I think that’s changed gradually, but now to the point where your defensive backs a lot of times have to cover wide receivers or they have to cover tight ends who are very, very good in the passing game. Not guys running five-yard hook routes, and stuff like that. The tight ends in the league, and it seems like just about every team in the league has one, can get down the field and make athletic and acrobatic catches and can get open and beat tight coverage. I think the demand for that position has changed and I think that’s changed the evaluation a little bit. So maybe some of those hybrid guys who played corner and played safety – like Jenkins, for example, is a guy who played both, what his best fit would be for a team, where he’s most valuable, is certainly an interesting discussion for all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents