PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts opt for Orlovsky over Croyle after workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Indianapolis Colts have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Dan Orlovsky, according to a league source.

With starting quarterback Kerry Collins battling concussion-like symptoms following the Colts' 23-20 Sunday night loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Colts auditioned Orlovsky and ex-Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Brodie Croyle on Tuesday, the Indianapolis Star reported.

While neither signal caller boasts an impressive resume, Orlovsky had the inside edge on the basis of a few weeks spent in the Colts' system during the preseason. Orlovsky was among the Colts' final cuts when they trimmed their roster down to 53, but now he might be in the mix for the starting spot in Week 4.

There's no telling if coach Jim Caldwell believes Collins is the man for the job anymore -- concussion or no concussion -- and Curtis Painter was uneven during the second half against the Steelers, completing 5 of 11 passes for 60 yards.

Orlovsky has thrown for 1,679 yards and eight touchdowns to eight interceptions in 13 career games.

I'm a little shocked that they aren't letting Painter get the start. I mean I know his track record isn't the best but last week he kinda-sorta play well against the Steelers right? Lol

Now the show starts. Hope he plays monday vs the bucs to make the game interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft