PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts' five consecutive 12-win seasons- a little note about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Merrill Hoge is an idiot for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons has to be his recent comment that the Colts four consecutive 12-win seasons is more impressive than the Patriots 16-0 record. After doing a little BASIC research, I figured out the following:

From 2003-07 the Colts' regular season record was 63-17.

From 2003-07 the Patriots' regular season record was 66-14.

Reminds me of Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak. During his streak, Ted Williams had a higher batting average.

Merrill Hoge is an idiot for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons has to be his recent comment that the Colts four consecutive 12-win seasons is more impressive than the Patriots 16-0 record. After doing a little BASIC research, I figured out the following:

From 2003-07 the Colts' regular season record was 63-17.

From 2003-07 the Patriots' regular season record was 66-14.

Reminds me of Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak. During his streak, Ted Williams had a higher batting average.

williams had the most home runs, highest batting average, best slugging percentage, and second most rbis (only a handful behind dimaggio), but dimaggio won the mvp because of the hitting streak
oh yeah, did i forget to mention williams was the last player to hit over .400 that year

thing is, now people realize how the splendid splinter did in fact have a better yr, dont have a link but last week espn.com listed the top 25 seasons in sports history, orr was on it, brady for this season was on it, pedro's 99 campaign was on it, and teddy balgame was there for that before-mentioned season (dimaggio was not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News