PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Catching up on ex-Pats Johnson and Claridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
From the Globe...."Bethel Johnson sat out practices last week after a bout with heat exhaustion. The former Patriots receiver, traded to New Orleans for defensive tackle Johnathan Sullivan (yet to pass the team's conditioning test), was taken to the hospital Thursday after experiencing dizzy spells . . . . . . Former Patriot Ryan Claridge worked out for the Texans last week but didn't sign a contract. The second-year linebacker, who sat out all of his rookie season because of a shoulder injury and was released just before training camp, has healed and is likely to catch on with a team later in camp and start the season on a practice squad."

BJ hasn't changed has he...?? Claridge?? That is interesting as well.

Thanks for the heads-up.
I don't see Globe stories unless someone links or quotes them for their merit.

I wouldn't really criticize a guy for having problems with the heat. David Givens had to leave a Titans practice recently for the same thing. A ton of players around the NFL have gone through this. I certainly don't think this question's his toughness.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I wouldn't really criticize a guy for having problems with the heat. David Givens had to leave a Titans practice recently for the same thing. A ton of players around the NFL have gone through this. I certainly don't think this question's his toughness.
No, but it is a question of preparing yourself for the rigors of camp. When you are training in June and July, you don't just go lift in an air conditioned gym. You go out and do sprints in the heat of the day, like you will be asked to in August.

Bethel played his college ball in Texas. He should know how to prepare for heat. But I'm sure he'll be pointing the finger at someone else, e.g. the coaching staff.

Teams have been err'ing on the side of caution since Korey Stringer died in the Vikings TC a few years back...

PromisedLand said:
Bethel played his college ball in Texas. He should know how to prepare for heat. But I'm sure he'll be pointing the finger at someone else, e.g. the coaching staff.

Ok, David Givens lived in Texas before going to Notre Dame. What's his excuse for leaving the Titans practice the other day because of struggling with the heat?

Criticizing Bethel for never living up to potential and being injury prone is fine. Using the heat as some sign of him not being tough or in shape is just plain ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this is no big deal, they just didn't have Rodney stalking the sidelines asking if people were hydrated. Not every team can say they have a waterboy playing hitman for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft