PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady / Running Game / Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

crypto

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about the offense the past couple of games? Do you think "patience and steady output" is an accurate description? How does Brady's unglamorous play (picks, etc.) stack up against his overall efficient-enough-to-win game management? How do the passing game's stretches stack up against the rising running game, especially Maroney's output? How confident are you with this offense in the playoffs, bearing in mind the capability of the defense (which I would say is getting smarter and sneakier by the minute, but I'm sure a lot of people disagree)?

And so on. This offense is still ugly to watch in a number of respects, but some aspects that really struggled earlier this season are starting to roll around and it's intriguing to see it unfold, IMO. In a way it's cool to see 100–150 yards in Brady's stat column and 20+ carries in Maroney's. I'm tired of lame emulations of the Greatest Show on Turf. I hope they keep edging toward a fricking punishing ground game. *shrug*

Last edited:
The later we get in the season the more we need to be able to run the ball and Maroney is starting to become the dependable back that we need.

Belichick has always run the ball more in December with the playoffs approaching. I like it - I like old school grind it out football. But this is nothing new, we have seen this every December from Bill. What I find truly amazing is that we are getting away with this style with a punter that truly sucks-azz. That to me is the most amazing thing of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes