PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big PapI Does It Again...MVP!!!

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
UN-FREAKING-REAL!!!!

The ball was still rising straight away to center field.

Ortiz now has 10 WALK-OFF HR's...thanks to J-Mac(EDIT)

Here is the major league records for that stat.[/B]
Jimmie Foxx……...12
Mickey Mantle....12
Stan Musial……….12
Frank Robinson….12
Babe Ruth………...12
Tony Perez………..11
**** Allen…………..10
Harold Baines …...10
Reggie Jackson….10
Mike Schmidt ….…10

Last edited:
I have never seen anything like it! How many times can you win a game in the clutch? I am amazed people pitch to him in these situations, I would take my chances with Ramirez he tends to get out more often than not in clutch situations.

mgcolby said:
I have never seen anything like it! How many times can you win a game in the clutch? I am amazed people pitch to him in these situations, I would take my chances with Ramirez he tends to get out more often than not in clutch situations.
I was thinking the same thing. Walk Pappi to load the bases and pitch to Manny. Hey, that lineup isn't looking to shabby with the big three of Pappi/Manny/WilleyMo. Not to mention Snyder looked really good. Let those Yankees increase their payroll.

HOLY JESUS, IM READING THIS AND I AM SHOCKED. This guy should be MVP, hes just amazing...whenever he steps up for the possible game winner, no doubt in your mind he'll come through. :)

That was his 10th walkoff home run, 9th as a Sock. And I had no doubt that he would do it.

scout said:
I was thinking the same thing. Walk Pappi to load the bases and pitch to Manny. Hey, that lineup isn't looking to shabby with the big three of Pappi/Manny/WilleyMo. Not to mention Snyder looked really good. Let those Yankees increase their payroll.

They're not just increasing there payroll they keep depleting their farm system for guys that over paid and tend to under produce in NY. The dynasty of the 90's had a core nucleous of guys developed by their farm system and since they have either left or got old and now they think they can buy a championship and I don't think they can. Boston obviously buys replacements as well but we have rebuilt the farm since 2001 and I think Theo has done an amazing job getting good vets and yet not giving up every prospect in the system.

Interesting stat they just mentioned about an hour ago on WEEI. Ortiz has 60 HRs and something like 160 RBIs since July 31, 2005.

Last edited:
AStack75 said:
Interesting stat they just mentioned about an hour ago on WEEI. Ortiz has 60 HRs and something like 160 RBIs since July 31, 2005.
But he doesn't play in the field so he can't be MVP. Apparently, its much more valuable to be a guy who plays crappy defense and costs his team 3 or 4 victories a season because of it. God, I hate baseball writers sometimes...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back