PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bettis to work as football studio analyst for NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a cute announcement NBC did ... from Torino.

Jerome has always seemed like a classy man. And Maguire is an easy act to follow.

That's too bad.

Does that mean he will replace Maguire?? I hope so that man is unsufferable.

Last edited:
Johnny Mac said:
That's too bad.

Yeah, why doesn't TV football broadcasting all get together and just start him at the top, replacing Al Michaels with him. Absurd. He should be tested on one of the many sports shows like ESPN News as a "beat analyst". Shows you how desperate NBC is.

cosell's jock-ocracy

Fanfrom1960 said:
Yeah, why doesn't TV football broadcasting all get together and just start him at the top, replacing Al Michaels with him. Absurd. He should be tested on one of the many sports shows like ESPN News as a "beat analyst". Shows you how desperate NBC is.
this is why cosell quit football broadcasting.
journalists and knowledgeable reporters were being replaced on tv by ex-players who know nothing about the craft, who just show up for broadcast time.
consequently we get regular segments like 'jacked up' instead of regular pieces on teams' impact on towns, gambling and football, lives of football wives, lives of players' families, changes in construction of uniforms, what's in the turf use din fields, tailgating stories, etc.
i love jerome. i want to see what he has to say on a show. but when there's a story, like coaches getting fired, or what really happened with mike tice, ex-athletes don't even know where to start. so we get michael irvin's routine instead of genuine reporting.
and the game becomes more like entertainment, and less like a sport.

Give me a break, please!

That's great. You know I just didn't get enough Bettis over the last several weeks.

Didn't the Pats put the kabosh on the "bus" back in 98?

I've had enough of this guy and the media's butt-kissing affair with him.

it'll change, soon enough.

denverpatsfan said:
That's great. You know I just didn't get enough Bettis over the last several weeks.

Didn't the Pats put the kabosh on the "bus" back in 98?

I've had enough of this guy and the media's butt-kissing affair with him.
this is the nfl equivalent of warhol's 15 minutes of fame. it's been joe montana. and reggie white. and brett favre. and tom brady. now it's le bus.
the next bus will come along soon. it might be eli, or one of da bears, or somebody.
i try to just hunch my shoulders and weather the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back